Thread: Grey Wall

Wip Grey Wall

Ok so I've been planning out this city in GIMP. 1st time I've attempted a city. Not very pretty but it's set out the way I want. Once everything is planned I hope to find a way to make it look nicer. 1st I need a way to put in a tonne of buildings but putting them in by hand is a bit daunting. Anyone got a quick way to do that in GIMP?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gw plan.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	85222

Name:	gw update.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	9.22 MB 
ID:	85347

Update. Decided to bite the bullet and am working my way slowly through the houses with a mouse and a straight line tool. A couple of things I'm trying to work out. The lump of grey crap up the top is the area I want to dedicate to a big cliff side. A REALLY big cliff side. The suburb between it and the northern most wall is called the sunless district due to losing so much day to the cliffs and the walls. Any ideas of how to represent this? Also the blue dot is representing this weird blue magic stone pillar called the spire. Would be turning some of the land around it blue. Any ideas on how to represent that?

Name:	gw update 2.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	9.45 MB 
ID:	85575
    Update. Got the cliffs done. Also added a crap tonne of houses. Also added the Grey Wall Keep castle (I'm not entirely happy with the design. How would people suggest I add to the design?) and a couple of temples The Sun Sept and The Necropolis of Pharasma. Left a block for 1 or two more temples. Now that I'm at this stage I think I need to clear some housing to add more feature buildings in the eastern and southern sections of the middle ring. Thinking maybe a hall of justice but need to think about this a bit more. Still unsure what I want to put to represent the spire. Still have to do the city outside the walls which should be a bit less compact than inside the walls.
    Last edited by bassmox; 07-22-2016 at 02:27 AM.