Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethran: Merelan City

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Thanks for the tips !

I've downloaded and installed the update (I have to check if it's the latest), and I have downloaded the Vintyri collection, but I haven't instelled it yet... It seemed a bit complicated to me, so I have to fellow the manual very carefully... and it's in english.. But I've seen it's worth it

You might want to look at the most recent threads on PF before you do anything. We ironed out a few little wrinkles there, and if you get stuck, or something goes wrong, Vintyri/Mark Oliva, should be able to help.

These marvellous graphics packages are for CC3+ by the way. I don't think they work with CC3, but I'm sure that Mark will say if I've got that wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Hmmmn... A CC3+ community album, eh? Now that's an interesting thought. Our maps do tend to have a unique style about them, as opposed to maps drawn in Photoshop or any of the other graphics packages, just because of the way they are made. I wonder if it would be worth looking into that possibility - a shared album...
    Sorry to butt into the conversation, but I noticed this comment.

There's a 'Groups' forum feature that might be what you're looking for. There are a few groups already, though they don't seem to get used that much, but maybe this could help revive interest. You can see the overview here:

https://www.cartographersguild.com/group.php

I noticed there's one that's had recent posts: Artisan Maps- mapping by hand in the classic tradition. That one shows some images in an album and shows what you can do, and might help you decide if this is suitable for what you'd like.

If you want to create a group, go ahead. I don't think you need mod rights to do it, but if there are any issues, let me know.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Hello ChickPea! Welcome to the Merelan City development experience

I think Jo and myself are the only two of similar mind on this matter right at this moment. Although I have heard that there is a third who may be interested. If other CC3 mappers express an interest in the idea of a communal "Look no effects album", or even just an album showing our collective maps in finished form all in one place, then this might be the way to go forward. It depends how we all feel about people seeing our work with everything stripped away, but I think it would be fascinating to examine the different things that each of us do with the same set of effects at our disposal.

Thank you for pointing us in the right direction
    Last edited by Mouse; 07-28-2016 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Spelled something wrong!

It'd be nice to show other CC3 mappers what can be done with the software. A showcase, if you like, here at the Guild.

I'll leave it up to you to decide. If you need help, just holler.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thank you ChickPea, we will

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

That could be fun !

Sorry, I had to go back pretty far.to follow the conversation. I like the idea of a cc3/+ community album....both just a simple album, AND the before/ after effects! And I think for the second one, we should show two versions...without the effects, and with...so people see what cc3+ really does.

I also think it would be great to have a cc3+ group! There are quite a few of us...and we all have our different ways and styles. There are so many that normally 'don't care for' or 'aren't fond of' cc3+ maps for various reasons.... But I think if they saw all of the different ways it can be used...they would be impressed.
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Oh, and Mouse, this map gets more and more extraordinary every time you post! This map is going to be epic when you are.done. My turn for the envy!!! Lol
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    That could be fun !
    Well I'll take that as two in favour, including myself

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    Sorry, I had to go back pretty far.to follow the conversation. I like the idea of a cc3/+ community album....both just a simple album, AND the before/ after effects! And I think for the second one, we should show two versions...without the effects, and with...so people see what cc3+ really does.

I also think it would be great to have a cc3+ group! There are quite a few of us...and we all have our different ways and styles. There are so many that normally 'don't care for' or 'aren't fond of' cc3+ maps for various reasons.... But I think if they saw all of the different ways it can be used...they would be impressed.
    Make that three....

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    Oh, and Mouse, this map gets more and more extraordinary every time you post! This map is going to be epic when you are.done. My turn for the envy!!! Lol
    LOL. Storm, you have no need to worry. Cathoulla City is starting to look really grand itself. And you know what? I'm having the most dastardly hard time trying to plan where everything goes. I keep starting on adding buildings, then deleting them, then adding them back again... and so on! It could even take as long as a real city to get this map right!

But thanks for the compliment

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast