Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Kronos (reborn) topographic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I change relief on the north. Now u can see old mountain range from Hibben on the south-west to Svartal and Whale coast on the north. Aslo I added old mountain range on the middle of continent. And like experiment I added some volcanose on the east of Middle Sea.I think this volcanos look interesting and soon I will add new volcanic lines in right places.
    Now I`m working on islands arcs on the west and east of continent. I see some problem places, that I whant try fixe with wilbur mask(not shure will it be work or not)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kronos_v2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	3.52 MB 
ID:	127383   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kronos_v2-.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	3.61 MB 
ID:	127384  

Quote Originally Posted by Harrg View Post
    I change relief on the north. Now u can see old mountain range from Hibben on the south-west to Svartal and Whale coast on the north. Aslo I added old mountain range on the middle of continent. And like experiment I added some volcanose on the east of Middle Sea.I think this volcanos look interesting and soon I will add new volcanic lines in right places.
    Now I`m working on islands arcs on the west and east of continent. I see some problem places, that I whant try fixe with wilbur mask(not shure will it be work or not)
    - About your volcanoes, in the east of the middlesea: are these volcanoes taken from DEMs as well?

This looks like an improvement! Always a fan of adding more volcanoes, especially since this seems to have good enough resolution that they'd be visible. Guessing the coastal mountain range in the far east would be volcanic, as it appears to be on a subductive margin. Also a big fan of the glacial (?) lakes up in the northern part.

Thank you.
    Guessing the coastal mountain range in the far east would be volcanic, as it appears to be on a subductive margin.
    Yes Narratar mountains(far east) will be volcanic.
    Also a big fan of the glacial (?) lakes up in the northern part
    Yes I mean glacial lakes.
    I'm not completely satisfied of my north. If correctly use glacie erosion it flooded it and will be islands here. I whant save plaine with lakes, but not sea bottom. Mb make west-nothern mountains range active? I thinked about Pangea or Lavrasia model for it. Panthalassa ocean on the norht-west and Tetiss ocean on the east.
    With this model I will have 3 oceans. Panthalassa-like on the norht-west, Tetiss-like on the east, and south Pole ocean. And 2 big continetal mass - Kronos and TERRA BOREA on the north-east
    I show it in sketch.

Name:	gipotetical.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	4.41 MB 
ID:	127479  
    Last edited by Harrg; 12-28-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Small test with shading and coloring.
    There are many troubles with wilbur artifacts, I will fixe it soon. In some place there are height difference and unrealistic smooth coasts(I mean brush movement, I need remake for more realistic coastline erosion) Also I need fixe rivers, add sand dunes, swamps, volcaonoes, and etc

Name:	Kronos_2021.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	3.84 MB 
ID:	128186  

Quote Originally Posted by Harrg View Post
    Small test with shading and coloring.
    There are many troubles with wilbur artifacts, I will fixe it soon. In some place there are height difference and unrealistic smooth coasts(I mean brush movement, I need remake for more realistic coastline erosion) Also I need fixe rivers, add sand dunes, swamps, volcaonoes, and etc
    Hello again,

You wrote "... unrealistic smooth coasts(I mean brush movement, I need remake for more realistic coastline erosion)..."

1 - How did you make the coastline more realistic: with Wilbur too? Or did you do it by hand ("brush movement")?

Some fun with bathymetry. I ignored it in my previouse maps, but I think it`s look interesting
    I need advice about base relief and land formes, tectonic, previouse than I will start work with small details of coast and relief.
    Mb add some small mountain ranges, or correct it? (Ignore rivers on this step, I will be work on it soon)
    I think nothern part looks better, but something wrong. And Tavant-Izsarant (mountain on the west of "Himalay")looks strange too
    P.S.
    I added some dunes and barkhans, make correction of coast, added new lakes and fixed old, lowered the land level in some places, made the mountains clearer and added orogeny Zagros-like on the west. And now it`s look better

Views:	58 
Size:	5.98 MB 
ID:	128222   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kronos_2021+.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	6.08 MB 
ID:	128237  
    Last edited by Harrg; 02-07-2021 at 03:35 AM.

I`m working on the Ice Age relief of the north.
    This is hard, because I need imagine how ice shields moved and how it influenced on rivers and etc. Also I try imagine how rivers change them streames, previouse than stay on the modern positions.
    Lands on the north of the huge middle orogeny looks flat and congenerical. I whant add here some ancient basins(punctir line). Today it is a flood plains with some lakes.
    I also revise the relative heights by lowering the altitude in the southern part of the continent
    I try to pay special attention to the large river in the center of the continent. I am planning to add a large delta here.
    I have not decided yet and have no idea how the river will look like. I think the best candidate would be a mix of Amazon and Ganges
    I try to lower the relief here to emphasize the sinking of the southern plate under the northern.
    I feel that in the southern part of the continent some rivers need to be redirected into indoor pools. Because now, they are all oriented towards one of the coasts

I hope for feedback.
    Thanks

Views:	35 
Size:	6.26 MB 
ID:	128266   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kronos_2021_ice_age.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	6.14 MB 
ID:	128267  
    Last edited by Harrg; 02-19-2021 at 02:19 AM.

Mini-update. 2 different color-map that I use for work.
    Dark version better for edit elevation. Light version is main.

Name:	_Kronos_2021.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	4.96 MB 
ID:	128309   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_Kronos_2021+.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	5.67 MB 
ID:	128310  

I think I was able to achieve the forms that I like. The main work on map finished, but it does not mean that the work as a whole is close to the end.
    There are a lot of boring, routine work ahead.

Name:	_Kronos_2021.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	5.93 MB 
ID:	128382   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_Kronos_2021+.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	6.63 MB 
ID:	128383  

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast