Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Kronos (reborn) topographic

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymus_Blaze View Post
    This is great. What software are you using to create these maps?
    Hello Hieronymus_Blaze! Thank you!
    I use photohop, wilbur and QGIS
    All my maps based on height map.

You're expanding your world, I see .

Yes. It is rather a necessity. Certain parts of the map take me hostage and force me to think at least roughly what other continents look like.
    As you probably know, initially I did not want to be distracted by other territories. But unfortunately they have too strong an impact on geography.
    In fact, I went down the wrong path of building the world from a small piece of land to global tectonics.
    On the other hand, it is quite interesting and gives the impression of a real geographical discovery. And plausibility is the test of my models. The difficulty is that I have to iteratively go back all the time and make adjustments. I still cannot say that any particular section is fully completed.
    Here's a small sketch of the world at the moment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world sketch.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	769.0 KB 
ID:	131428

Guild Member Facebook Connected Ryan Pourchot's Avatar

Very realistic, I'm looking forward to seeing more.
    Very intrigueing how the tectonic plates, and faultlines dictate the shapes and elevations.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Ryan Pourchot
    Very realistic, I'm looking forward to seeing more.
    Very intrigueing how the tectonic plates, and faultlines dictate the shapes and elevations.
    Thank you very much!

Small update.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kronos_world invers.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	4.04 MB 
ID:	131909  

Quote Originally Posted by Harrg View Post
    I think finish soon my height map.
    P.S. I added map with pink lines that show my problem places that I didn`t like or it`s look strange for me. I will glad any advice about improvet it
    Hello.

I'm trying to understand your use of DEMs.

1 - So to get to this stage, you stopped drawing your map heights by hand, and instead decided to paste in real DEM heights. Correct?
    2 - And it looks like you then applied Wilbur on top of that. Is this correct?

I change relief on the north. Now u can see old mountain range from Hibben on the south-west to Svartal and Whale coast on the north. Aslo I added old mountain range on the middle of continent. And like experiment I added some volcanose on the east of Middle Sea.I think this volcanos look interesting and soon I will add new volcanic lines in right places.
    Now I`m working on islands arcs on the west and east of continent. I see some problem places, that I whant try fixe with wilbur mask(not shure will it be work or not)
    - About your volcanoes, in the east of the middlesea: are these volcanoes taken from DEMs as well?

Small test with shading and coloring.
    There are many troubles with wilbur artifacts, I will fixe it soon. In some place there are height difference and unrealistic smooth coasts(I mean brush movement, I need remake for more realistic coastline erosion) Also I need fixe rivers, add sand dunes, swamps, volcaonoes, and etc
    Hello again,

You wrote "... unrealistic smooth coasts(I mean brush movement, I need remake for more realistic coastline erosion)..."

1 - How did you make the coastline more realistic: with Wilbur too? Or did you do it by hand ("brush movement")?

Thank you sir QED42!

I continue to make cosmetic changes to the map. My main focus now is on increasing the detail of the central mountain system. I add new watersheds and sharpen them to emphasize tectonic specificity.
    I finally added an island arc in the east
    If you see any inaccuracies in the believability of the relief, please let me know.

### Latest WIP ###
    - This island arc you added to the east of the continent: were these islands hand drawn, or did you paste them in from DEMs?

Your work is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by cyanide_baby View Post
    Hello.

I'm trying to understand your use of DEMs.

1 - So to get to this stage, you stopped drawing your map heights by hand, and instead decided to paste in real DEM heights. Correct?
    2 - And it looks like you then applied Wilbur on top of that. Is this correct?
    Hello. Thank you.
    Yes. I use real world DEM. But in difficult places i use hand drawn height map.
    I made some blueprints in wilbur like volcano
    My landmasses and borders I drew only by hand

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast