Quote Originally Posted by Harrg View Post
O I see.I roughly keep in mind the basic shape of the plates. But one of my goals is just to understand where the boundaries of oceanic faults are. Now I have no idea how my "Pacific Ocean" developed. I am also a hostage to the existing topography and need to manipulate the maps so that they don't disturb it too much. I would not like to see subduction from the north south on the west coast of the mainland.
My whole process is built from the opposite.
I roughly understand that I have an analogue of paleo-Tethys in the center. Something similar to Laurasia in the north.I would like to work out the model of the northern continent in more detail, because. I don't like direct copying of the Himalayas. I want a more complex model that suits me. I am partially trying to explain the existence of a water corridor between the Middle Sea and the ocean, for example, with the help of fault.
I also do not know if there are subductions for production, from the Island in the north of Albara to 3 islands Kalenordon zone
The Hibben Mountains (north-south) in the north are most likely the result of an old collision of an island arc and Veldia
Simply put, all I know is what land looks like at the moment
P.S.
One of the reasons why I'm focusing on the south right now is that it's one of the few regions that I understand in general. There is simply a process of disintegration of a large continent and the formation of a new triangle of the ocean (?)
I usually start also from a general idea of the map I want , as continental shapes, and then I work out the plates, but if you do not have the whole picture of the plates cutted on the sphere it is difficult to understand what goes where and why , I think you need to first draw all other plates too and then in combination with those decide the directions fo the continents.