Thread: Kronos (reborn) topographic

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thank you Charerg. In old map I especualy don`t like the north region. And my map look strange, when I try to draw it in enoter size or rotation. I love what you and Pixie do in yours topics and I can`t repeat it.
    I love concept: middle sea, hight mountains from W. to E (form west range part it should be like Anatolia and Zagros, east part like Spain or Greece )/ 4000 - 4000 km size. I draw this world for my story and for me wery important some places, because I modeling my story and use relief for it. I dream to draw detailed atlas\or map like a satellite picture with all my roads,rivers, and etc. I want know geology, relief and many many details in my world. And when I try do it I see mistakes in previouse steps. I`m not shure that in my prior version relief looked true, but I love coasts (not north-west coast). Unfortunatly I placed between real relief and fantasy. (in this world not magic, magic like in real medieval this is more ocultisme, religion and myths. My world now it bronze age or early iron)Because in real modeling my map will be look wrong. (for example middle range will be between west coast and middle sea, but not form west ocean coast to east ocean coast like now)
    For draw map like a satellite picture I need draw DEM, for DEM I need good tectonic. Because this is one continent that I imagine in this world I never think about all world. In my story, people belive that continent were serrounded by 4 end- 4 world ocean and the 5th ocean is space. And if you go to east or west you come to space. This is like in medieval maps, where the Paradise Gates was on the East, and if you go east you come to the paradise. But they don`t know about real continents borders. For my story I choose this size ~4000-4000 km, because It give me places for different peoples and cultures, and this is not so far from each other. Mb. my important mystace that I never think about correct progection of my map to globe.
    May be I back to last map version and try to redraw relief.
    Last edited by Harrg; 11-17-2017 at 09:03 AM.