Quote Originally Posted by Harrg View Post
I only knew 2. 3 link doesn't work for me
I don't really like generators. For my taste, they create rather boring forms. They all work like perlin noise or cellular automata and give pretty similar results. I mean that it is almost always just some kind of noise, sometimes having some kind of similarity, but visually I can almost never tell that this is a subduction, and this is a thrust or a graben.
In this regard, I like to have complete control. Although such generators are useful, for example, for starting. I prefer another type of generator, like the wilbur, which allows me to add randomness to my process, as all the same, the eye is blurred and creates similar structures manually.
One of my frequent niggles with other maps is this "fractal noise". It is not very realistic for my taste, be it mountains or landforms.
Although it’s more likely than not, it’s just a matter of taste and nothing more.
I agree thats why I am not using either but for starting could be a good starting point ... anyway if not wrong tectonic js allows custom heightmap load ... I think I did use once ...

https://www.deviantart.com/n-a-i-m-a...nics-790628003