Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A Question of Rights and Plagiarism

That's actually quite brilliant, Mouse! Yes, I would love for you to send me the template, when you have a free moment. Since I'm using my professional name for all of my maps, it would be under the S D McDaniel name.

I even like the way you did it... it's there, and visible, yet it still allows you to see the map. And if we do it as a separate sheet, then we can hide it when we need to. I like that idea!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

LOL! Its not supposed to be that visible - Redrobes said it wasn't. I guess I was a little too hasty to declare success. (It also doesn't help that the sand in that map is incredibly white)

I will have another look at it this evening and try again, using just the sheet effects

If I can't get it right we may have to make ourselves a proper stenograph image the same way that Redrobes did it and insert it onto the stenograph sheet as a bitmap. But that's ok too. It wouldn't take too long to sort one out for you, if you want it done that way.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Carl has removed the observatory map links and has promised to no longer direct link to images or link without attribution from now on. I am satisfied with his responses now and consider this particular case closed. The discussions about ways to protect your artwork and the potential for us to develop auto-watermarking functionality may continue in this thread by all means.

I definitely support RedRobes creating an actual Gimp tutorial in the tutorial forum...and I also will be working with him to figure out if we can add watermarking to the upload attachment process. Thanks so much for your patience!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

No - thank YOU Robbie - you and Redrobes. You've done more than just bend over backwards to help us with this in the last couple of days. More like a double back flip with a triple somersault thrown in for good measure.

We can't thank you enough

Ladiestorm? I have an fcw steganograph sheet waiting back at PF on the new thread you started there. Its for anyone who uses CC3 in fact, but it was made with you in mind

Thanks hon . I will have my laptop back online in an hour or two.
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345