Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Version of Old Map

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I really love the northern part of the map with the mountains and the lake inside! It really looks attractive! I would suggest, by my opinion, that higher moutains (if of course they are high) and a bit white on the top would add a very nice effect and perspective on the map

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Thanks for your comment...

Obviously, I should work more on those areas : it's not a lake but a glacier...
    I planned to draw snow on top of the mountains, and shadows too. But I don't think to put higher mountains.

You are only just getting started right now, but what you have already done shows a great deal of promise.

I am looking forward to the further developments

Thanks ! Was it clear for you that it was glacier, or does it looks more like lakes ?

No. To me it was always a glacier, but then I suppose its down to what the brain initially perceives. I saw a glacier, and a glacier it remains

If you want it to look more solid you could add more shading to make it 'stand up' a bit - or a bevel?

EDIT: Actually, strike that last suggestion. You already have shaded it well enough. I think the possibility of it being interpreted as a lake will vanish as soon as you put some snow on those mountains. right now, its just a little bit out of context, but you haven't finished it yet
    Last edited by Mouse; 08-03-2016 at 03:59 AM.

Thanks a lot !

You wanted to draw ships. Would you like me to send you the little fishing ships I draw for Alycrau ? (It's only one model I draw with some little differences (colors, places of the mast...) I draw some fishing locker (?) too...

Thank you Jo. That would be extremely generous of you. They're pretty cool ships, but would you mind them making a guest appearance in a map that I intend to upload to my author's webpage (when I get around to making one, that is)?

We can discuss this further by private message if you like
    Last edited by Mouse; 08-03-2016 at 04:22 AM.

Another long afternoon... and some trees appears (still a lot to do, up north)

Some rivers have appeared !

I fellowed advises for Thomrey and Mouse and changed the green of the land, and adapted the glacier too...

Tell me what you think !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Region Minol Guild LO.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	9.05 MB 
ID:	86197

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Another long afternoon... and some trees appears (still a lot to do, up north)

Some rivers have appeared !

I fellowed advises for Thomrey and Mouse and changed the green of the land, and adapted the glacier too...

Tell me what you think !

Wow! I really hope you didn't draw all those trees one at a time, but made some kind of fill out of them and splotched them around in other places! And if you did exactly that, it doesn't look like you did it that way.

The green is much better to look at now. Its not quite so distracting. How about trying to add a bit of colour variation across the continental landmass as a whole in one gentle gradient right across the map? (You don't have to do that, its only an idea)

The glacier looks better again, but I really wouldn't worry about it too much until you start putting the snow on the mountains around it.

I can see you have also added a bridge between two of the continents. The view from that must be impressive.

Its all starting to come together really well

Thanks !

For the landmass, I'm not worried for now : first I'll have to add everything (forest, hills, rivers, roads, cities, etc) and then, with what's left of the landmass, I'll see what kind of adjustment I can make.

I draw by hand a lot of the trees, that took hours... And then I copied and pasted some area, and draw some more to avoid a repetition pattern...
    It's very long, but in a way, it's what I wanted to do whan I choose not to use CC3+ : make a whole map myself... It's long, but I hope it will be rewarding at the end...

The bridge is the particularity of the capital city of this world : in the middle of the city, there's this huge bridge between the two continents. I already draw it, and I just tried to reduce it at the scale of this map, but it's not good : all the details are lost. So I'll go back to my plan A : redraw this bridge and the city (at least a sketch of it), as I'll do for all the major cities (I already have draw them at hand, or I've made the map in CC3, like for Alycrau). That should be the "special touch" of this map, which otherwise will be quite normal or commun.

Thanks for your ideas anyway !

I'm really looking forward to put snow on top of these mountains, and add some shadows... But next week-end will be trees, trees, trees, and some more trees.... (actually, the pines are quicker to draw than the other ones)...

Have a nice evening and take care !

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast