Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: WIP - The Eastern shores of Ehren

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    I love the feel of this map. Very atmospheric. Screams fantasy-novel map or p&p rpg map to me...which is a good thing in my book Very much looking forward to where you are going with it. Will you do forests as well? I hope so.
    And, in my humble opinion, not everything has to "even out" ... so don't do ridges just because there are some in the bottom of the map...do them if you think that that's how the world looks like (geographically sound arguments are not absolutely necessary but it's awesome if they are...at least imo) or if it is necessary for the story you want to tell etc. etc. .

Anyway, really nice map, have some Rep. !
    Thanx Eilathen, I will definitely be doing forests, tho it's something I dread, I've never actually made it past the forest stage on any map I've tried in the past, I'm a bit nervous about attempting it. I'm not sure weather I'll do individual trees clumped together like in the 16th, and 17th century maps, or if I'll go for a more modern type where its just bigger patches of trees.

Most of the bottom half of this map is a sub tropic climate, so I was feeling some waterfalls which is why I initially did the ridges, plus I really enjoy maps with lots of ridges, I was thinking maybe this area could have been under water at some point or something, I don't know, but I think I'm beginning to ramble.

Thanks again for the nice comment, I appreciate the encouragement.

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Really nice job with this, you have the touch! Can't say much about other than keep going. I'm sure title panel will develop. Look forward to seeing this come together
    Thanks Snodsy, I think when you say title panel you mean a border or something around the title (correct me if I'm wrong), and yes I do plan on doing that, it will probably be one of the last things I do, I don't have any ideas what I'm going to do for that yet, but suggestions are welcome, the members of this forum have so many good ideas.

Guild Expert

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP Ehren-river placement1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	9.36 MB 
ID:	86083

I got the line work done on my ridges tonight, and finished the major rivers placement...I think. I have to do a few more, and maybe some small ones, but I'll worry about them later when I finally decide what's going to happen with the colour. There not perfect, I can definitely see some problems, but I'm not gonna get too nit picky about them just yet because I'll probably have to go over them again anyway.

Like always, critiques are welcome, I'd like to know about any major problems sooner then later so I can fix them before I get too far along.

Looking good! Actually, better than "good"... fantastic! I really love those ridges!

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Neyjour View Post
    Looking good! Actually, better than "good"... fantastic! I really love those ridges!
    Thanks Neyjour! I really appreciate it.

Guild Expert

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP Ehren-mountain shading.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	9.33 MB 
ID:	86470

I finished shading in the mountains tonight. I didn't want to do anything too drastic so I kept them fairly neutral. I tried adding some highlights on the lighter side, but it just didn't look right so I removed them.

I'm not sure what I'll do next, I've experimented allot with different colours, but nothing seems to be working so far so I'll have to do some more testing before I make up my mind on colour.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yeah, see, I don't know what you're so dang worried about with this map! It's coming together beautifully. Lovely shading, great work all around.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Great start, personally I like monochrome ink-drawing style maps, they're more authentic.

I agree with Diamond. This is coming along very nicely!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Guild Expert

Thank's guy's, I really do appreciate the positive feedback.

Like Robulous, I enjoy the monochrome ink drawing style as well. It seems on this map that every time I try to add colour it just doesn't suit it, so I might have to go that route, but I'm still experimenting with trying to get some colour on the water, I'm hoping I can get it to work out.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast