Thread: Occupied Abbey WIP

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor

Wip Occupied Abbey WIP

Hi Guys,

I've been off the serious map making for a while now, and it feels great to be back.

I am currently working on an occupied Abbey for a DnD campaign i've had in mind.

This is a WIP, i am planning on adding a second floor (just a bit), along with adding some more features.

I am hoping for some advice, critiquing, criticism, ideas, thoughts, or anything!

I am currently unhappy with the grass section, and plan on fixing the cliff edge near the water...just not sure how yet.

I would highly appreciate any input here, i would love to hear any feedback!

made in photoshop
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abbeytest.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	85866

Thank you in advance!
    -MorganPotpie

Well, i don't use PS enough to give you advice on what you are currently unhappy with. I will say, i think what you have going here is pretty darn nice! I'll agree, i am not partial to your background, but otherwise, i really like this

Thank you!

A 1 inch grid would be cool.

Guild Adept Guild Sponsor

I have to ask ... why did they build so close to the edge of the cliff? And why did they choose to put the entrance on the north side, instead of opposite the cliff? It just feels like the sensible way to position the building would be to put the entrance on the land side, and use the cliff side for grand, sweeping views of the ocean. Or large stained glass windows celebrating their Deity of Choice.™

You have a really good point there.

I was thinking the official entry way would be from the 'South' side whereas the North side would be where horses, carriages, etc would be entering...however, after thinking about your input i think i will change this up a bit.

Thank you very much for your thoughts, i really appreciate it!