Thread: WIP - The Kingdoms of the Juriels

Map WIP - The Kingdoms of the Juriels

This is a map from the world I am building for my fantasy story. The valley of the Juriels is the birthplace of humanity, and from here spread abroad under the protection of the angels. The first kingdom, Ilandrior, was centered here, and its capital was build where the city of Alden now stands. Once a united people, the kings of the Juriels began to fight after the first High King of Alden's death, and have since that day. The southeastern portion of the Juriels broke away, under the leadership of Kalen Carvenault, and formed the Holy Kingdom of Ilandri. This would spur a great war between the two factions, and lead to the formation of the Arcane Empire, Argantia.

The name Juriel comes from the Suin elves, and their pronunciation of Ilandrior.

Any critiques/comments are welcome. I really want to make this map good. I used CC3 for the base of it, then added the paper effects from GIMP.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Juriels.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	3.29 MB 
ID:	85873
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Juriels.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	3.28 MB 
ID:	85872  
    Last edited by Yagaboosh; 07-30-2016 at 01:49 AM.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Hi!

Really interesting map! I like the style, although it doesn't look very extended. Is there a scale on the map to see how long it is? *km/miles

As for the effects, i personally prefer the first one, it is more comfortable for the eyes to watch, the second one being very shiny

Great work, love it!

Thanks! I unfortunately haven't managed to add a scale, but it's supposed to be about 200-300 miles across at the widest (from the left mountains to the city of Leden). All things traveling at the speed of plot, a group of riders has to travel from Alden to Nostovol fairly quickly, so as soon as I determine how fast they go I'll know exactly how wide it is. Since the majority of the writing I've done takes place in the Juriels, I did their map first.

Here's a wider shot of the region. I haven't done any coloring or text on this one, just the paper effect. This is also just a part of the continent, the region where the humans are in control. Any comments on it would be great.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ilandrior.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	5.57 MB 
ID:	86027