This map started a few years ago, when I started playing with the idea of writing some Sci Fi (rather than fantasy). I ended up needing a map to keep track of how long it would take the characters to get around, so I played around until I ended up with a galaxy map I was happy with:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Galaxy_old.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	86708

I pretty much dropped the entire story and setting because I was busy, but I decided to pick it up again about a month ago.
Then I realized that with how the setting and story had changed since I started it, the map wouldn't actually work. There are some problems with the fact that space has three dimensions (which I completely ignored when I made the first map), and I also realized that for the setting, the galaxy is much too big for anyone to get anywhere in a reasonable timeframe (even with the FTL I was planning for the story), and the entire story would work better if there was a part of the galaxy that was still unexplored.
So I began working on a new map.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Galaxy_new.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	86707

I'm quite happy with the galaxy itself, but I'm not sure about the green for the labels and frame.
The bottom picture is meant to be more of a schematic view, which is why there are fewer details and no stars in the background.