Thread: (Project Heimur) Windfoort Territory

Default (Project Heimur) Windfoort Territory

Hello folks!
    Here I present you my latest work for Project Heimur (the Patreon Page about the worldbuilding I'm runnig): "Windfoort Territory", a map that depicts the lands around Windfoort town in a radius of 24 miles (about one day travel)
    I tried to maintain the same style of other Heimur maps, and I'm pretty proud of the result! this is one of the fastest map I've ever draw, about a week or so!
    but just because I'm still on holydays..

Anyway, if someone is interested in the Medium (150%) or High quality (200%) versions, can check my Patreon page!
    https://www.patreon.com/TomDigitalGraphics

Tom

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windfoort Territories_LD.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	86920

Nice warm colors, the cultivated grounds blend marvelously with the terrain, the illustrations are top notch and I love the rendering of the trees reliefs !

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Nice warm colors, the cultivated grounds blend marvelously with the terrain, the illustrations are top notch and I love the rendering of the trees reliefs !
    Thanks Thomas! actually the hardest part was doing all the little illustrations and icons.. it tooks me 90% of the time!

Yup, I second what Thomrey said (I know I'm being lazy ). Your setting is more and more impressive, becoming more and more alive below our avid eyes, I'd say.

Very intriguing layout. I like how you've chose to use illustration inserts rather than town icons to represent the various lands within the Windfooort Territory. Those illustrations are very nice, and the colors are vibrant. I also like your map border. All in all a great map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Yup, I second what Thomrey said (I know I'm being lazy ). Your setting is more and more impressive, becoming more and more alive below our avid eyes, I'd say.
    Thanks Ilanthar! hehe.. more will come!

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Very intriguing layout. I like how you've chose to use illustration inserts rather than town icons to represent the various lands within the Windfooort Territory. Those illustrations are very nice, and the colors are vibrant. I also like your map border. All in all a great map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thank you arsheesh! Actually I was planning to do both the illustrations and the places ON the map, but then I realized that the space was insufficent and with this scale they would have looked like tiny dots, so..

I just downloaded the half size version, it's amazing ! Cannot wait for the full size to really admire the illustrations (Uma's Bog is quite misty )!

Another great map for your setting Tom! I agree the illustrations look wonderful and the idea with the key for the places is really cool.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Great map Tom! Lovely setting and I spend quite some time just discovering what there is to see! How did you come up with the names? They sound very dutch to me, especially 'Windfoort' and 'Poeldijk'?

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Great map Tom! Lovely setting and I spend quite some time just discovering what there is to see! How did you come up with the names? They sound very dutch to me, especially 'Windfoort' and 'Poeldijk'?

-Dan
    Hehe, you got me Daniel! yeah, I like to take inspiration from real places' names when I first planned this zone (like other zones in the Heimur world) I thought about placing a windmill in the windy plains, and then I thought about Netherland.. (forgive the cliche ). So yes, the names are heavily "dutch" inspired!