Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wunderbach

Nice! I gave you some rep.

I'm always curious to ask others how they got their physical maps digitized. Did you use a scanner?

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Klaus van der Kroft's Avatar

I love the colours and the lines! Very comfy map.

Many thanks for all the nice comments and feedback you guys, i appreciate it a lot!
    @ Eilathen: I was doing some tests to add some lines in the water around the coast, but wasn't too pleased with them. I also didn't want to add digital linework afterwards, but i'll surely give it another try very soon.

@thomrey: when doing the forest details digitally, i often encounter the problem, that i find it too dense and erase some of them afterwards. With pencil and paper, the whole piece might get ruined this way , so i kept the linework on the edges in this case. Still need a lot of practice, and without an undo button, things have to be planned much better (and i do not consider this part of mapping a strength of mine )...

@ jshoer: yes it's scanned (with a simple canon multifunction printer ). I'm not quite sure, but i think i scanned it in a lower resolution (300dpi?) than possible (600 dpi).
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

I'm with them on this ^^ I do particularly like your mountains, if there is a favourite part for me

Very nice one, Abu. Your style is really elegant and each element works well with the others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12