Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Alenhold- Commission WIP

Wip Alenhold- Commission WIP

This map is a commissioned map for a client that needs a map for an upcoming novel. I have really only just started, and the first thing I want to make sure of, is that the client approves the shape of the continent I will be working on. That is the main continent you see here. I decided to use the Herman Weilink style for this map, as I really like the colors, and based on the amount of information I've received, I thought the darker colors would represent this world better.

The main continent is the particular part of interest on this map... I added the other landmasses to the north east and south west for aesthethic purposes, so those may stay, or they may not, depending on the client's wishes, of course.

This is actually going to be an interesting process, because I accepted this commission from the map requests forum on this site, and as such, the client will (hopefully) be taking part in this process!

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alenholdlrg.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	87093

and as always, feel free to comment, critique, suggest, rate, rank or run away as you see fit
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Its a little close to the border on the right hand side, Storm. Are you going to add a border beyond the current edge?

I am assuming the reason for the space on the bottom left is for a legend?

Guild Apprentice

This is looking really good so far! There are a couple of things I'll mention and this is purely based on events in the story. First, Alenhold is a fairly isolated continent. So, there could be some landmass around, but the land to the northwest is a fair bit too close.

Secondly, the southern tip (which we've recently named Modir’s Cradle), has to be quite a bit smaller. There were a few expeditions around the southern side of the continent and sailors only saw desert (on the smaller photo I sent to you, you can see the dotted line showing desert on the eastern part, which is what would have been seen from the water). This peninsula has been hidden away from the rest of the world for quite some time.

Other than that, I really like the shape. Much better than the big "rectangle" we had before.

Can't say much about it yet... Looks like two different texture. Interesting land shapes, I'm sure it will turn out great.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

@ Mouse - yes, I do intend to create a border outside... I have the border hidden at the moment. I can move the landmass over just a tad, but the bottom left is mainly for compass and scale.

@ mrjane - that's not a problem, I should be able to change those two things fairly easily. I will post again after those two changes are made.

@Josiah, I realize it doesn't look like much right now, but I have to make sure I get the the landmass itself right before I proceed. Once that's approved, then I can move forward
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

So I greatly reduced the size of the two southern peninsula's, as per the client's request. I also reduced the size of the landmasses to the northeast and southwest, as this is supposed to be a fairly isolated continent.

Again, waiting for approval before I proceed further

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	68 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	87099
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

Guild Apprentice

If I can be picky, the only thing I might change is to tuck the peninsula a little closer to the main landmass. Certainly don't have to, but that's about the only detail I could add at this point. Otherwise, it looks fantastic!

Let me see what I can do I will post again tomorrow!
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

Well, I tried my best to tuck in that southern peninsula, which I have... but I realized something as I was doing it. I know this is supposed to be a small peninsula, but it still has to be big enough to add the details that are needed, such as half desert, and half lush, fertile land. So while I did make it a smaller, tucked in peninsula, I had to make it wider so that it's big enough to accept terrain details.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	73 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	87120
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

Guild Apprentice

I definitely think that'll do. Sorry for being picky, but that peninsula is home to a central character and the geography of it is pretty important.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast