Thread: Fort Ste Catherine / fellowing J. Roberts

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Map Fort Ste Catherine / fellowing J. Roberts

Hello !

As my hollydays are coming to an end, I've now much less time to draw map...
    I wanted to do a quick one, fellowing step by step the famous tutorial of J. Roberts (here), in order to learn and better understand how it works on PS

I took great pleasure in making this map in one and a half days (it's much more easy when you put your step in those of a good teacher).

It's an ancient fort (à la Vauban) which was destroyed in 1601 : there's nothing left of it, but the place is just near my home. It's absolutely not the reality : there's no cliff, the village is further south-west, the river is not so wide... but, hey, I'm no surveyor :-DDDDD !

So, I can ask no credit in this map, it's all the work of J. Roberts, but I'm glad to have such good teachers to learn me to make maps ! Here it is :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fort Ste Catherine.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	9.01 MB 
ID:	87780

Very nice map! Can't rep you so soon again, but I really like it. Good colors and terrain shading (plus, I like this kind of style for towns, at this scale).

Good job going for the JR look and feel, I was never good at going through the tutorials because somewhere along the way I would go off the rails and end up frustrated but it looks like there are more good maps coming in your future. Look forward to seeing more.

And I totally get the not having enough time to draw thing what with my daily life getting in the way and all
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt