Thread: Mapmaker Needed for Upcoming Publication

Guild Applicant

Default Mapmaker Needed for Upcoming Publication

Greetings,

I am in need of a mapmaker for a new novel I have recently completed (fantasy genre). This will be a regional area map, but there will be future maps in upcoming novels that will expand upon the region focused upon in the first novel. I would like to keep with the same artist for upcoming works.

I HAVE a map that I created which will serve as the starting point for map I want to commission. I am looking for something that is NOT obviously computer-generated and I prefer the map to have a more classical feel. Tolkien's Middle-Earth map from Lord of the Rings is a bit too sterile, whereas the classical map Carta Marina is a bit too busy, but I prefer something in between these two works (a map with artwork, in other words). For an article with imagery of the Carta Marina, follow this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Carta_Marina.jpeg

If you are an experienced cartographer and would like to contact me regarding this project, you may email me directly (please include links or attachments of sample works) at keithbk@hotmail.com and please include your rates for print-ready material. You must be willing to make changes/alterations at my request or at the request of the publisher, including format alterations if necessary.

Please note: upon payment, ownership of the map will become entirely my property for publication reasons. You may use the map for your own self-promotion.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers,
    Keith C Bradbury

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Keith, I've moved your thread to the Mapmaking Requests subforum, as that's a more appropriate place for it. Good luck in your search!

Guild Applicant

Thank you so much. I have had the first person send samples of their work, so I know it is working.

Hey Keith, I am interested and I have sent you an email!

-Dan

Hi Daniel,
    I just tried to view your Portfolio (on your site) and it's not returning images.
    Might be something at my end, might be an issue with the site.
    Sorry if this is a false alarm!

I barge in to say I'd really want to see Dan's work on this. His sea monsters are the bomb !