Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snoring Dragon Inn WIP

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snoring Dragon Inn.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	767.4 KB 
ID:	88976 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snoring Dragon Inn Night.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	492.6 KB 
ID:	88977

The shadows aren't perfect yet, but otherwise the first floor should pretty much done now! Any suggestions/ideas?

higher def.......awesome floorplan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cyderak View Post
    higher def.......awesome floorplan!!!
    Thank you very much!

I'm afraid I cam't provide a higher definition piece. I intend to offer the finished version for sale through DriveThruRPG, so giving the full thing away for free here would be counterproductive, to say the least. :/

Do whatever way you prefer, I get the wanting to only provide low res versions when posting here or to a portfolio, reserving full resolution versions to DTRPG only. That said, I post full resolution maps here, on Facebook and on Google Plus, and sell those same full resolution versions on DTRPG as well. Because I release fully layered PDF versions of my printable maps (layers that can be hidden by the user for player maps, etc), as well as VT scaled maps I do have something to offer at DTRPG, that isn't being released when I post full scale map versions here. (The only time I don't post full scale versions of my maps, is when the maps are huge, like 72 x 72 inches in scale, and exporting at 100 dpi, the files are too big to post, only then do I post smaller scaled versions - so doing so for mechanical reasons, and not to protect my work.)

I don't think it affects my sales at all. In fact many users see and download my maps from Facebook, yet still purchase them at DTRPG. I am sure I am losing some potential customers who choose to not buy my maps and only use the free ones I post, I don't think they'd be my customer in any case, so I'm not really losing anything. It's a choice that I make, and don't see significant loss in profits, by doing so. I'm not suggesting that you should do the same, just saying that I don't post maps with water marks, or reduced versions when posting maps here and elsewhere - its not a problem for me.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 10-29-2016 at 02:31 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Well, I'm not going to be a killjoy, so here's the next piece at a higher resolution. It's the cellar. Still lacks lighting and shadows.

Name:	Snoring Dragon Inn Cellar Preview.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	812.2 KB 
ID:	88981

Very cool, how did you make all my photos look like a hand drawn graphic novel? is that a filter on Photoshop?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Very cool, how did you make all my photos look like a hand drawn graphic novel? is that a filter on Photoshop?
    Hi Bogie, it's indeed a filter, or sometimes a combination of filters in Photoshop. Since I do much of the background and larger elements by hand I need the rest to fit in as well. Usually I get the best results by using the "Paint Daubs" or "Poster Edges" filters. I suppose I could theoretically draw each element by hand, as I've done with the well and the buckets (certainly would be good training^^), but with such a mass of elements it would be insane not to make use of the great tools you've provided.

Okay, cellar's done.

Name:	Snoring Dragon Inn Cellar Preview.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	599.8 KB 
ID:	88991

And on to the second floor! Basic layout done, except for the door to the innkeeper's apartment.

Name:	Snoring Dragon Inn 2nd Floor Preview1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	89017

Haven't gotten much done in the meantime. Still needs a good deal more furniture, shading, light sources, etc...

Name:	Snoring Dragon Inn 2nd Floor Preview1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	89135

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast