Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Capital of Barradesh

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Haha, no problem, Mouse! I only build two worlds completely in the past, but it has been so long I don't remember all the stuff from the top of my head... that's where I just wanted to let others more often dealing with this have a look. Technically, I don't NEED to have anything added to make it more interesting, but I always have this nagging voice in the back of my head demanding more stuff

For the monsoon: I thought, the main wind carrying the water could come from the south and join with some other winds from the east to blow it inland and to cause it to rise at the mountains (the black wiggles where the darts end).
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Then you have a rare problem called too much imagination

Lovely to see you taking this up again, and I'm sorry I really can't be any help with that monsoon thing.

I'm very much looking forward to the further development, though

Ahw, thanks Mouse and don't worry. =)
    Edit: File updated below.
    Last edited by SteffenBrand; 10-09-2017 at 02:27 PM. Reason: File Update
    Visit me on ArtStation.

I decided to make the stuff a bit more clear and provide basics, the climate question especially regarding monsoons still stands. Monsoons are hard to grasp for me somehow, I have difficulties wrapping my head around them... :/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip2_Welt_Unbenannt.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	99971
    Visit me on ArtStation.

I took out the old stuff and quickly worked out the climate as it should be, but I'm not 100% on everything.
    If you see any glaring mistakes, please point them out - it doesn't need to be perfect, but I appreciate if a world is not nonsensical =)

Best wishes, Steffen

Name:	Unbenannt-1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	7.14 MB 
ID:	100196
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

wow. huge work you got going here ... I was at Essen last year and coming back this year as well. Are you going to be there again Steffen?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Expert

Really great! I can't comment on the climate, but the coast lines are really interesting and very appealing.

@tilt: Thanks! Sadly, I'm not at Essen for SPIEL this year, but I think I will be there again next year.

@kacey: Thank you! Yes, I'm quite happy how it turned out - actually so much I'm considering to include the map at some point. We'll see if it would make sense when all the flufftext is written out.
    Visit me on ArtStation.

I made some last changes in the northwest, changed the climate accordingly there and included a size-reference.
    The question about the monsoon still stands though... :/

Name:	Unbenannt-1.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	8.43 MB 
ID:	100265
    Visit me on ArtStation.

I decided to show the region. To describe it takes at least the same space and is more unclear, and seeing how happy I am with the shapes it would seem to be unwise and unpractical for everyone. I'm still not showing the whole world, but only this part which is the necessary concession to focus on what matters to the game. I've been unwilling to include this a long time but seeing how much more practical it would be to just show it seems the way to go, especially since the lore grew so much. Thank you all here and elsewhere (and offline) for the encouragement, it was just what was necessary. =)

That also means it can't stay like this. Still figuring things out on how to make it final, but the basic step is done to keep this in the same style as the other one will be. Still WIP obviously.

Name:	_wipA_2xLetter_TheWorld.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	4.14 MB 
ID:	100274
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast