Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mapvember 2016

Hope it's going well Thomrey, I'm just checking back after a while away and saw your post here- looking good. I can see this turning in to something really nice. The titled angle is working well too.

Map

Thanks Runninghead ! The tilted angle was a happy mistake then

Today, I couldn't find a minute to draw a map for #mapvember. Sad you say ? Not at all, I worked all day on a commissioned map so, technically, I drew a map.
    I'll use a tiny part as my mapvember entry (1418 × 1501 out of 3508 × 4961, about 12% of the map). Behold the 5th of Mapvember !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mapvember 5.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	355.3 KB 
ID:	89167

And you can admire the unfinished and bugged river layer And of course, feel free to tell me what you think of it.
    Last edited by ThomasR; 11-05-2016 at 06:49 PM.

Great one Thomas! I really dig your new forest style and for some reason the string of islands is very pleasing! The ocean pattern seems a little digital compared to the rest of the line work and I would let it spread out less I guess. Might just look fine at 100% size though ;P

-Dan
    Last edited by DanielHasenbos; 11-06-2016 at 02:39 AM.

Map

Thanks Dan ! And you were right, the wave pattern was only temporary, I spend some (who am I kidding ...) time today drawing it all and doing the modifications asked by the client so, tired of mapping after two long days, I went for a quickie for today map. Behold the 6th of Mapvember ! It took 20 minutes and I'll do the 7th on the other part of the sheet. Two rival kingdoms facing each other ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7257.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	89206

Guild Expert

This is impressive thomrey, they all look nice, but I especially like this last one.

That's an extreme Isometric view... I really like it.

Its just possible that the islands in your previous map are pleasing because they resemble a real life archipelago. The composition of that map is also rather pleasing - as is the composition of this most recent one

If I have a nit-pic at all, its that the horizon on the first map is just a little too exaggerated, but they are all good maps, considering the speed at which they have to be drawn. I couldn't do it!

Dear fellow cartograpers,

I'm not throwing the towel on Mapvember but, as I said, life's catching up and my schedule doesn't allow me to partake at the moment. I tried to whip something in a hurry but choose not to present it as it doesn't satisfies me.

Working 17h on a commission in two days drastically reduced the fun of mapping (it'll come back quicklu) and upcoming busy days (that's good news, do not worry) made me realise I cannot do everything. Familly comes first and work before fun.

I'll post some more maps but definitely not 30 maps.

I shout my deepest respect to Miska for doing it all

Thanks to everyone for the cheers and comments.

Thomas

Totally understand you. The schedule is pretty brutal. I'm still hanging on, but barely =).

@ Mouse : Thanks a lot, I'm glad this panned out well.
    @ Salama : I'll follow your work with interest. You're a brave !

Hey, Thomrey, the work you have produced in this first week of the mapvember challenge is pretty good. This kind of challenge seems really difficult to manage with family and working life. Waiting to see your next map and perhaps your new commission work. Cheers !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast