Thread: An alchemy stronghold

Default An alchemy stronghold

Hello,

So I'm new to the cartographer's guild; hopefully someone can help me glean a little insight into some things I might be missing on details or such.

What I'm looking for is the artist's equivalent of a sketch. That is, I just need the form; a quicker pass. The map is for personal use, not for commercial uses. I might use it for a gaming campaign, but even that's uncertain. What it's *really* for is because I'm writing a book and I'd like to visualize the map in my head. I don't know enough about what I don't know about cartography. Basically, I want someone who *does* know about cartography to plot out something simple that would help me design that place logically, properly, etc.

I know exactly why the place exists, I've detailed everything I can think of that would be inside of it, and so forth. But there might be pieces I'm missing, or I might lay them out really stupidly if I try to build the map myself.

A black / white image is all I need; no special filters, nothing. Even if it's literally a pencil sketch is fine. What I'm looking for is someone with the knowledge to assist in the map.

A simple overview:
    - It's a stronghold, owned by a major drug lord / magical supplier. The entire purpose of the stronghold is to prepare alchemy supplies, ingredients, potions, magical drugs, and so forth.
    - There are 3600 slaves that work at the compound. They work around the clock; 1800 during the day shift, 1800 at night, and share the same quarters (slave housing).
    - The compound has a large wall that surrounds the central area (which is also lined with towers); and a shorter wall that surrounds the majority of the magical gardens and fields (no stone towers, but a few watchtowers).
    - There are several buildings in the core area: two alchemy compounds (the largest buildings), a mercenary guild headquarters (serve as protection), three warehouses, stables, two large workshops, several large manors and estates, slave housing (10?), large gate, and a mess hall.
    - In the magical field area there's a bunch of smaller sheds for tools, seeds, supplies, etc. Also a pond, maybe a small river.

They don't allow visitors, so no inns or normal city things are there.

The things above are subject to change if I've overlooked something. Can anyone help me with this? (( Note: apparently I can't use PMs at the moment. ))

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hello SkullzMaster,

I am interested in work with you in your project. Please send me an email to info -at- versakestudio -dot- com (you know, fix the text between - to obtain a valid email) to further discuss about it.

Regards,

Antonio Frade

Hello there HighIncantus, just a quick message to let you know that you can't use the Guild's messaging system till you've made five posts (an anti-spam measure). Therefore you'll have to provide an email address so that our members can contact you.

I hope you're able to find someone to work with.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"