Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dyson's Mapvember 2016

Map

On the Seventh day of Mapvember, Miska gave to me...

"Control"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161106_152140-01.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	89250

So yeah... I basically drew a joke dungeon map. However I AM inordinately proud of the two mushroom chambers and the four arrow slits.

Also, if the players enter the Konami Code, it triggers God Mode. As in the gods show up and start doing godly things. Which is never good.
    Dyson's Dodecahedron
    an RPG blog, with a few maps

Pretty much all my maps are drawn by hand - ink on paper - and then scanned and contrast-enhanced

Map

On the eighth day of Mapvember, Miska gave to me...

"STORAGE"

Name:	storage.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	768.4 KB 
ID:	89267

That's easy, right? So let's start with some little 30 x 30 basements of the local warehousing... then let's connect them together with little sewer connections that only a rat (or wererat, or druid, or well way too many people in a fantasy game) can get through.

Oh, but where to those sewers go?

Oh yeah, I'm working on a Jakallan Underworld type map, right? Sewers, old temples, ruins, odd chambers...

Yeah. "Storage". Nailed it.

(this has actually become the sixth map in a set detailing the ruins and sewers under a fantasy city somewhere on Tekumel... the other maps so far published in the set are available here: http://bit.ly/2fCh7UW )
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Pretty much all my maps are drawn by hand - ink on paper - and then scanned and contrast-enhanced

Map

On the ninth day of #Mapvember Miska gave to me... "Refinery".

Name:	IMG_20161109_125305-01.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	809.2 KB 
ID:	89280

So here we have Garlough's Grisk Refinery. A key component in many healing potions is the dried remnants of the grisk - a mollusk with near-magical regenerative powers. Except of course it is a lot of trouble to get significant quantities of dried grisk... being that it is very hard to kill.

Garlough's breeds and collects grisks in the first pond, and then when they are mature they are transferred manually to the second pond where they are poisoned with an acidic brine. The trick at this stage it to use enough acid to kill them, but not so much that it ruins them for potion manufacture. From the second pond, the dead grisk are carried up to the drying bed where they dry in the sun and are then eventually bagged up and sold to those who profiteer off the adventuring community.

The structures near the ponds include the small shed where the acidic brine is kept, as well as Garlough's small stone structure that has been expanded to house his workforce of four.

This map was... odd. Every step of the way I was unhappy with what I was doing and how I was doing it. And yet in the end it came together pretty well and I'm happy with it.
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Map

On the tenth day of #Mapvember Miska gave to me...
    ELEVATOR
    Nice.

Name:	IMG_20161110_112840-01.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	967.4 KB 
ID:	89301

Well, elevator rooms were a classic trick/trap in old school megadungeons and video games based on them. So let's run with it. So I drew a very vertical dungeon - assuming 10' squares it is about 200' by 200' and 140' feet tall.
    And yet has less than 20 rooms. 
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Map

On the eleventh day of Mapvember, Miska gave to me...

GOLD MINE.

Name:	IMG_20161111_220610-01.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	820.5 KB 
ID:	89328

Not a great photo for this one, but hey... I'll scan and clean it when the month is over.

Starting out as a pit mine, this mine transitioned into a shaft mine and the deep line is turning into a chamber and pillar mine.

Two shafts descend into the mines, the old shaft (with a ladder) and the new shaft (with a winched platform).

The levels inside the mine are (since it isn't clear in the photo)

The Goblin Line (main line, central)
    The Goblin Gallery (upper right, on the same overhead map as the Goblin Line)
    The Deep Line (lower right)
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Map

On the 12th day of Mapvember, Miska gave to me...

CAVE IN.

Name:	IMG_20161112_230603-01.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	89349

This ancient chamber has been isolated from the sewers and other understructures of the "My Private Jakalla" underworld by an ancient collapse and cave in. If someone should find their way in here, they will find long abandoned vaults, burial chambers, and a partially collapsed floor leading into deeper parts of the undercity.

(The My Private Jakalla project is an attempt to draw a massive Empire of the Petal Throne undercity or "underworld" map inspired by M.A.R. Barker's original Jakallan Underworld map, but drawn in my style and incorporating some sewers into the structures as well. Prior to this map being drawn, it was comprised of six interconnected maps, with another six or so to come for the main level. This map will connect to the bottom of map 1E on the following connections map)

Name:	my-private-jakalla-progress-F.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	3.52 MB 
ID:	89350
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Looking great!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Excellent work and fine maps! I jus love the PS map .

Map

On the thirteenth day of #Mapvember Miska gave to me...

BURROW.

Name:	IMG_20161114_160853-01.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	89416

So, recently reminded of the Gargantuan monsters from the BECMI rules by Glen Welch, and my love for the track "Stuart" by the Dead Milkmen, I present the recent new home of a gargantuan burrow owl, unfortunately built through the facade of a lovely church and involving the demolition of a pair of homes across the street.

(I'm also a day behind... this often happens because of running my Sunday games)
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Map

On the 14th day of Mapvember Miska gave to me,

RUINED.

Name:	IMG_20161114_190653-01.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	644.7 KB 
ID:	89417

Hejmarko used to be known as Jando's Arch. Until the arch came down, taking much of the town with it and preventing travel to what was left. Now it is known as Jando's Ruin and is home to birds, crushed dreams, and a team of mercenary tarnsmen who keep their flying mounts in the old storm priest's keep at the tip of the arch.

Some say the arch came down in an epic battle between magi and their elemental servitors. Others say it was finally worn away by the Feino river as they had warned would happen.

You can see the original map of Hejmarko before the arch came down here: http://wp.me/psUVp-28G
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast