Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dyson's Mapvember 2016

Map

On the 15th day of Mapvember, Miska gave to me...

PORTAL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161115_190137-01.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	89466

So there's a magic portal in the middle of this insane structure. Or a mindflayer elder brain. Your call.

Also, Mapvember 15 means I'm HALF WAY DONE Mapvember already!

When I started on Mapvember I was planning to keep all my maps small - like quarter-page to half-page in size.
    Of course, the very first one I drew broke that at two half-pages, but I brought it back under control with the second one.
    And then flubbed it. I think there are two maps in the whole set that don't take up the majority of a page.
    Dyson's Dodecahedron
    an RPG blog, with a few maps

Pretty much all my maps are drawn by hand - ink on paper - and then scanned and contrast-enhanced

On the sixteenth day of Mapvember, Miska gave to me...

TRAPPED

Name:	IMG_20161116_205546-01.jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	89467

I was doing JUST FINE drawing my dungeons before this whole #Mapvember thing. I avoid symmetry like the plague normally, but after yesterday's circular weirdness, I was again thinking of arcs and partial symmetry today. So, uhm, screw you +Miska Fredman

Today's map is "Trapped in the tomb of the 14 Imperial Princesses" - a tomb complex featuring a massive stone barricade that locks down once people have breached the first doors and traveled 20 feet past the stones. Then there's a portcullis to add insult to injury. And of course, whatever other traps that were placed on or with the 14 Imperial Princesses when they all failed to take the Imperial throne.
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Pretty much all my maps are drawn by hand - ink on paper - and then scanned and contrast-enhanced

Dude, you're killing it like a rockstar! I have no idea how you manage to keep up, I'm so frigging much behind.

I really like your more symmetrical dungeons a lot too But my favourite so far (although more of a joke) is the "control(ler)" map. Keep up the mapping madness!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Salama View Post
    Dude, you're killing it like a rockstar! I have no idea how you manage to keep up, I'm so frigging much behind.
    It helps that this is my full-time gig.

However, I've fallen behind too.
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Map

On the Seventeenth day of Mapvember Miska gave to me...

CHECKPOINT

Name:	IMG_20161117_234437-01.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	89654

This dual-purposed map can either be a thieve's guild training environment, or a Tucker's Kobolds nightmare. Small secret tunnels connect the main passages, too small for anyone but a size small creature without armour. Many of these small passages also have staging areas for the defenders to organize in.

It is a pointless exercise in bizarre architecture at heart. - with a number of checkpoints where the kobolds or thieves can check on and intercept the progress of those in the main passage.
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Map

On the eighteenth day of Mapvember, Miska gave to me...

LABYRINTH

Name:	20161119_183809-01.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.94 MB 
ID:	89655

I think I'll end up leaving this map here, without adding hatching or half-walls around the edges. It is already somewhat confusing and I think any more details will clutter it up and make it worse. I'll probably just shade the non-explorable areas in grey in post-production after I scan it at the end of the month.
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Map

On the umpteenth day of Mapvember, Miska gave to me...

ENGINE

Name:	20161120_002534-01.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	89656

When the flaming metal castle arrived in the skies, it was intercepted by three warlocks in mid-air - one on her hippogriff, one on flying carpet, and one just levitating there in the skies as this monstrosity of steel and fire approached.

But as hoped, their magics prevailed and the castle was shattered and fell to the land in pieces - most into the Lake of 800 Lilies, but one section sliding along the shore to come to rest near the fishing village of Velland.
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Map

On the 20th day of Mapvember, Miska gave to me...

SLIME

Name:	20161122_163606-01.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	3.42 MB 
ID:	89657

This small dungeon (much more linear than my standard... because it is 100% linear...) has a slight slime problem. And now the slime is working its way out.

(I'm also two days behind, time to get cracking!)
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    I really like your more symmetrical dungeons a lot too But my favourite so far (although more of a joke) is the "control(ler)" map. Keep up the mapping madness!
    I like "Control" because it was that moment of revelation that I can even make jokes look good now.
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast