Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tandalorn [Finished]

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Default Tandalorn [Finished]

Hey all!

I'd like to share my newest commission piece: the lovely and very diverse world of Tandalorn. The map only depicts part of the southern hemisphere, but it's already a massive region, with several islands the size of our continents. It is home to a whole bunch of races (lizard men, elves, dwarves, goblins, ...) each with their own habitat, culture, language and a huge backstory.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tandalorn_FINAL.jpg 
Views:	487 
Size:	3.85 MB 
ID:	89393

I hope you guys like it!
    Last edited by Caenwyr; 11-14-2016 at 09:06 AM.
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Outstanding work Caenwyr. Map is very clean, i like it much. It is the same style as Dragons Backbone, though i like the latter a bit more

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Nice job on this, Caenwyr. The mountains and forests look particularly nice, though I'd like to see a tad more texture on somes areas of forest and some areas of the landmass, just where it's a bit emtpy.

Good choice of colours though and overall nice composition.

Great map Caenwyr! Another beautiul piece in your portfolio.

Guild Journeyer

Lovely and crisp Caenwyr! Well done.

Great map again Caenwyr! The land is a little to grey/bleached for my taste but other that you have delivered amazing work!

-Dan

Another great map ! Stunning colors and I really like what you did with the smaller islands, giving them relief.

Oh, i missed this wonderful map... As on your other maps, i love your mountain linework a lot, and the subtle shading makes it really spectacular. The mountainranges looks sometimes a bit too regular/patterned to my personal taste. A little more variation in the basic shape might give them a more "natural" feel. Sadly, i can't rep you atm...
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Gorgeous map! I'm drooling over those mountain chains at the top. They're fantastically well done!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Outstanding work Caenwyr. Map is very clean, i like it much. It is the same style as Dragons Backbone, though i like the latter a bit more
    Thanks Voolf! I'm happy to hear you like both, so I won't hold it against you if you like one a little better than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    Nice job on this, Caenwyr. The mountains and forests look particularly nice, though I'd like to see a tad more texture on somes areas of forest and some areas of the landmass, just where it's a bit emtpy.

Good choice of colours though and overall nice composition.
    Yeah the texture is a little minimalist in some areas - I'll take that to my next map!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great map Caenwyr! Another beautiul piece in your portfolio.
    Glad you like it, Ilanthar!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilgoth View Post
    Lovely and crisp Caenwyr! Well done.
    Thanks a bunch, Ilgoth!

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Great map again Caenwyr! The land is a little to grey/bleached for my taste but other that you have delivered amazing work!
    Thanks Dan! I guess I was a bit too prudent in the colouring department.

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Another great map ! Stunning colors and I really like what you did with the smaller islands, giving them relief.
    Thanks! Doing that coastal terrain thingy takes a surprisingly large amount of time, but it helps give this otherwise underappreciated part of the map a little oomph. Glad you noticed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Oh, i missed this wonderful map... As on your other maps, i love your mountain linework a lot, and the subtle shading makes it really spectacular. The mountainranges looks sometimes a bit too regular/patterned to my personal taste. A little more variation in the basic shape might give them a more "natural" feel. Sadly, i can't rep you atm...
    Don't worry about the rep Abu Lafia, I'm very happy with what you said here! The regularity of the mountain ranges is a long standing issue I'm forever trying to better, but not always as successfully. Haven't found the magic trick for it yet, but I guess I'll have to keep trying new approaches.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Gorgeous map! I'm drooling over those mountain chains at the top. They're fantastically well done!
    Gee thanks ChickPea! I'm glowing with pride here, so thanks again!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast