Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's share our hate of forests

Quote Originally Posted by Hai-Etlik View Post
    I simply switched tactics to writing software to place trees for me before getting to that point.

Attachment 89714Attachment 89715
    I love this monochrome look.

Trees are very forgiving. I drew this in 2.5 minutes (I timed myself). The thing is that if you rough them out this way things might get a bit wild and crazy, but that's the way they grow. A violent and crazy scribble is always going to look more like a tree than one that has been slowly, carefully, and painstakingly drawn with dead smooth lines by someone who is concentrating almost painfully on the fact that they have to draw a tree whilst worrying about what people might think of their drawing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scribble.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	89716

I know this isn't a 'map tree' - not even an ISO one, but that's because I'm a painter, and this is the angle I'm more used to drawing my trees just before I furiously scribble a whole load of paint over them. This might sound like a crazy idea (I'm getting a name for crazy ideas, but who cares!) I am pretty sure that if you just let go and scribble you could then pick out the form more easily and actually a lot more quickly from the resulting tangle when you are inking - making shorter work of the job as a whole.

My bad if you've already tried doing it that way and it just doesn't work for you!

At least I've managed to get my scanner working again! LOL!

Thanks for the advice Mouse but it ain't that kind of tree, it's that kind of foliage :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture d’écran 2016-11-26 à 00.13.32.png 
Views:	151 
Size:	452.8 KB 
ID:	89717

That's 100% and the map is huge ! I did all the borders of the forests without hesitation and without erasing the thing is I'm partially dyspraxic, that's why it hurts a bit.

Nice tree by the way

Ah... tiny trees

I think you've done really well with that. The only thing that catches the eye is the very upright trunks. I would be tempted just to shade that area and suggest a few vertical-ish lines here and there. Would that actually be easier than having to draw all those individual lines? (I don't know very much about dyspraxia - I'm more dyslexic than dyspraxic, so I don't know if its harder to draw it like that or scribble the trunks a bit.)

My bad for not knowing, really - and thanks for the compliment. I can go away knowing that I don't scribble half bad! LOL!

My bad! Sorry thomrey. I've just educated myself about the situation, and I realise that suggesting that you scribble something really isn't the solution!

Oops!
    Last edited by Mouse; 11-25-2016 at 08:48 PM.

That portion is looking beautiful so far Thomrey!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

@ Mouse : Do not worry, I learned to live with dyspraxia (and dyslexia) and to steady my hand. Besides the pauses needed, it doesn't bother me that much, I even bettered my writing in the past few years Your idea of using less trunks might prove useful, I already intended to shade the base though. And know that your inbox is full

@ Josiah : Thanks man, now I need to fill those huge jungles ...

Thanks thomrey Thank the Lord for spellcheck... although that can still have unintended consequences in my case - when using autocorrect.

Inbox has been a bit busy lately! I'll go and clear out some of the older stuff

EDIT: I think that since you had to remind me of the dyspraxia (I remember now you mentioned it before a couple of months back), I must have forgotten about it because I can't really tell the difference between your drawing and other experienced PS users
    Last edited by Mouse; 11-26-2016 at 05:37 PM.

Hehe, you're not alone my friend !

Well, you could certainly think you have your revenge the next time you're drawing with a pencil on a paper sheet .

Class council time, B****s ! It's time to get bored again !

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast