Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ersïa

Guild Novice

I don't know what's more enjoyable to look at, the map or the flags. I also have no idea how you got that texture onto there, but it looks so realistic--that kind of detail, along with the atlas-style design of this map, are absolutely incredible!

Brilliant, just Brilliant!

As I mentioned on the WIP thread, the mountains in this piece look extraordinarily life-like. The land-forms are natural as well, and very well laid out. And I really dig all the details on the flags. This is wonderful piece. Kudos.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

I haven't been able to get on the forum much recently, but I'm pleased I got the chance to see this beauty finished, Ilanthar! Such a unusual style, with great details and hidden touches all over. Definitely rep-worthy and another great piece to add to your already amazing collection!

Oh it is beautiful, Ilanthar!

Yet again, I've been too slow off the mark and everyone else has used all the words up before me!

Top marks

Great map, Ilanthar! The landshapes are great and obviously the flags are an amazing addition to the map. You did a splendid job on those!

-Dan

Thanks for the Vexillology details Straf!

By J.Edward
    I really like this style/look.
    Thanks a lot! Now that I got it, I may do some other maps this way... but just not now .

By Foremost
    I love all of those flags... they definitely look like they could be real.
    Thanks, and great, because it's intended to be "realistic", even if a lot of things are different from our world .

By Kacey
    I can't believe you came up with all those designs in such a short time, they look really great.
    Thanks Kacey. I've some training with flags, I've already done a lot for my different settings (especially for Elzevir).

By Ant
    I don't know what's more enjoyable to look at, the map or the flags.
    Thanks . Well, you have both, so enjoy .

By Bogie
    Brilliant, just Brilliant!
    Thanks Bogie!

By Arsheesh
    As I mentioned on the WIP thread, the mountains in this piece look extraordinarily life-like. The land-forms are natural as well, and very well laid out.
    Thanks Arsheesh! I think I used 3-4 different versions before the definitve land forms. It's quite important to me and I took a lot of inspiration of real ones (or from excellent maps, here at the guild).

By GLS
    I haven't been able to get on the forum much recently, but I'm pleased I got the chance to see this beauty finished, Ilanthar! Such a unusual style, with great details and hidden touches all over. Definitely rep-worthy and another great piece to add to your already amazing collection!
    Thanks GLS! Glad you still find time to pass on the guild. You have a lot of maps in the making, waiting to join your own collection .

By Mouse
    Yet again, I've been too slow off the mark and everyone else has used all the words up before me!
    Thanks a lot Mouse. And I know the thing, I'm also often finding myself without words since everything has already been said .

Thanks Daniel, you've been faster than me !

As I said in the first post, I'll try to add a "flag book" with larger versions. Maybe tonight or tomorrow .

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Outstanding piece!
    Did you create the symbols on the flags yourself or were you using some resources?

As others have said before, this looks amazing. Well done.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast