Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The World of Leth (commission, WIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Oh that's beautiful The lighter green is just a tiny bit intense, IMHO.
    Thanks Mouse, The green over there is a lush grassy, jungle region, hence i add more green. I will keep in mind your advice though, probably after coloring whole map i will adjust the intense of colours here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    Are you going to give the ocean any texture to compliment the rather lovely detail of the land?
    Of course i will do the ocean too. Just after i finish with the land. Can't work on everything at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lewis
    Beautiful work, Voolf! I've been following this thread and love the amount of detail and contours you've created. Thank you for sharing your awesome progress with us!
    You are welcome, and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE
    Beautiful!! Can't wait to see everything put together.
    Me too, believe me When i started this project i was sure i will finish it before new year, but the amount of details just pinned me down. There are also some things i drew here for the very first time. I checked different methods and played around with them. That also slowed me down.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond
    Wow! Those mountains are... wow. Great work on this - if you apply the same level of detail to the forests, seas, etc, this map is a winner for sure. Heck, it already is.
    Thanks Diamond, the sea and forests will look like my previous map Kaherm, colours may differ.

Looking really good, Voolf. As Diamond said, your detail, particularly in the mountains, is WOW.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

I do not spend much time on the forum these days but I wanted to stop by and say that you do a wonderful work Voolf ! Looking forward to seeing this develop (and learn from it !).

Eagerly waiting for the next update, it's going to be the darklands region of the map and it's going to be absolutely ridiculous. Brace yourselves.

Darklands (southern part of Leth). Largus haven't seen it yet, so it is not confirmed. May be changed yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	darklands_colour_resize.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	272.0 KB 
ID:	90794

Guild Expert

You do such a nice job on you're shading, and colouring, I can't imagine what kind of time goes into this, it's really great.

Its a dragon's head!

But a very lovely one

You seem to be able to see the form of the land in your mind's eye, even before you start with that shading brush. That's the only way I can explain it to myself

Haha Mouse, you just nailed it !. I was thinking what are you talking about that dragon. Now i get it. Funny how it worked out..... or maybe it was LargusMenas' plan all along ??

Oh I just have one of those weirdling minds that sees patterns wherever I look

Ok, some updates for you with a rather unusuall places to see on map.

Two colourful forests, one with full golden leaves and second with a silver tinge, separeted by hills.

Name:	Leth_Color_v3.7_resize.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	451.4 KB 
ID:	90937

Dark, spider infested forest

Name:	Leth_Color_v3.7(2)_resize.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	90938

And a frozen ocean at south, this one may require some more work maybe

Name:	Leth_Color_v3.7(4)_resize.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	696.4 KB 
ID:	90940

Ocean, lakes and rivers still to work on.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast