Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: The World of Leth (commission, WIP)

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Thank you all for suggestions, i tried them all! The most difficult was putting directions on the dragons rim, could not make it right.
    And the "floating one", I had not idea how to make it
    After playing around i decided that acronyms embedded in front glass looks best, so i will go with that.

Attachment 91169
    Hey Voolf, this is looking awesome! What if you just put an N just above the dragon's head? The other cardinal directions are implied anyway, and it keeps the inside of the compass from looking cluttered.
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Hey all. So Voolf is at the labeling stages now and the font I've picked is not going to work as it doesn't scale down very well. It's called black chancery and it was picked because it allowed for the use of words like Hâvvién and had a certain gothic edge to it. Does anybody have a suggestion for another font that scales down better? The map has many place names that at 100% size won't be readable (similar to Wired's Eastorrea map) but need to be on the map so that when zoomed will be readable.

Bumping to let you know that the map is finished and can be found here. Thank you everyone for following this thread.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678