Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Riak World Map... 3 Years of Progress

Bit more progress. I had a little fit about scale and had to backtrack a bit... resized my main cities, added to-be-named markers for smaller villages, and added more islands and coastline detail (so now I'm having to redraw my coastal border). Off-screen, I also altered sizes on the rest of the map, and added a few more landmasses to balance it out (!). Also, paths!
    I think my plan at this point is to get this portion of the map to a finished state, and then move on to the rest in chunks. That way I'll have a finished piece to show sooner, and hopefully a set style I can maintain (also motivation).

Thanks for the views and comments guys!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Riak Map 4 progress 4.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	2.73 MB 
ID:	90109

Hey Nothingbutblue, your work seems really promising, I'm always happy to see other fantasy world builder work . The linedraw of your coast and forest is strong and nice. There is some work to be done on your mountain, but some shape are really promising. I don't know if you want to emulate Torstan style, it would be similar with more work, but with the other element, and with only black and white (which might be fine) simplier mountains without shading would be fine (it's only à personnal taste). Watching this develop. And have some rep .

By Josiah VE
    Those compasses are absolutely outstanding!!
    I second this! And the map is pretty cool too .

Quote Originally Posted by Warlin View Post
    Hey Nothingbutblue, your work seems really promising, I'm always happy to see other fantasy world builder work . The linedraw of your coast and forest is strong and nice. There is some work to be done on your mountain, but some shape are really promising. I don't know if you want to emulate Torstan style, it would be similar with more work, but with the other element, and with only black and white (which might be fine) simplier mountains without shading would be fine (it's only à personnal taste). Watching this develop. And have some rep .
    Thank you! *looks up this Torstan fellow* Hmm.. I suppose that's pretty similar to what I was aiming for, yes. I don't know? Hah. I'm much too noobish to know particular peoples' map styles yet I guess!

I suppose it would be ridiculous to ask what I do with rep... *goes to find a faq*
    Yeah I don't usually do forums. This is probably pretty obvious at this point.

Thanks for the comments! Been working too much this week.. ugh. Hopefully some free drawing time soon.

<3

Finally a day off! Tossed in some colors and more labels.

Looking at it outside of PS.. I need to tone down the distance on some of those drop shadows, holy cow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Riak-Map-4-progress-5.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	657.5 KB 
ID:	90317

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12