Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Road to Tiamis

Thanks damonjynx

I might still see if I can take the sheer iciness of that sky down just a tiny bit. I fell like I want to wear sunglasses when I look at it! LOL!

How much cider did you have, if the glare from your drawing is bothering you?

Hmmm... not that much! LOL!

Guild Expert

Looks great Mouse, but I'm with you on the brightness, I've never had luck with the colour blend mode, for me it always makes the colours do this so I don't use it. I'm with J Edward, multiply all the way, for me it's the most useful, and sometimes overlay can make things a bit bright too, I find soft light more subtle, even using very thin layers with the normal blend mode can have a nice effect. But even with the over bright sky it still looks good, I don't know if it's possible to ruin this beautiful drawing.

Thanks Kacey

I have found overlay useful for adjusting the colour of the actual drawing, but as you and J.Edward suggest, multiply is probably the most useful of the blend modes, and I will probably be adding several more layers to get the effects right.

Thank you again for the tips that helped me to repair the damage to the drawing. I think its worked a lot better than I expected. I was even able to mostly repair the score lines where I initially put the text and down arrows, and where I did even more damage by trying to remove them

Now that I've got my Wacom colouring this in has become a pleasure. I didn't realise that we had all been trained from birth to draw with rocks in our hands (the trusty computer mouse)

@ Straf - I haven't found 'colourise' just yet, but I will have a play when I do

Guild Expert

I'm glad it helped, I use the healing brush all the time, it really works wonders.

It's nice to see you've finally got you're tablet, and are enjoying it. I can't wait to see what else you do with it, I think you'll be a force to be recond with.

LOL! Right now my 'Johnathon Roberts' mountains are more like a comedy act waiting to happen! I just can't seem to get the down angles right. It will be a while before I can draw them like you do

Guild Expert

I thought the mountain chain you showed in that style earlier last month looked great, and as I recall so did every one else.

Have you tried it with the tablet yet?

And, I don't remember, but are you able to rotate the canvas in gimp? I find, rotating the canvas really helps. I use a surface pro, and draw right on it, sometimes I even turn the entire thing upside down to help get the angles, otherwise I would have a major kink in my arm.

I did like the way you did the down slope in you're example tho, I enjoy the wider bottom, I just happen to suck at doing it that way... And to tell you the truth I was a bit jealous of the job you did, I've been wishing that the mountains I'm currently working on looked more like yours, that you did with a mouse...I guess I'm not the only one who's overly critical of there own work.

I've been colouring this map in most of the day, but I have to go out soon and won't be around much till tomorrow morning but I'll give it a go

If you can rotate the canvas I wouldn't know. All this is still so very new to me. Straf had to tell me how to turn the pressure sensitivity on in GIMP.

As general information for anyone else working in GIMP with a tablet - you have to go to Edit/Input devices, and set the tablet to 'screen' to tell GIMP that you are using a pressure sensitive tablet, or it won't play ball with anything other than just the basic functions. - thanks Straf

If you look closely at that mountainous attempt thread, you may notice that the slope angles turn with the ridge, rather than staying at the same angle all the way down it. That's what I mean about trouble with the down slope. I can't seem to get my head around drawing in ISO perspective. Its all either landscape, or top-down! LOL!

Anyway - Enjoy your New Year's Day dinner, and I'll catch up with you in the morning

This is stunning Mouse !

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast