View Poll Results: Do you want to map a voyage by water?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Map a voyage by water, inventing your own vessel and water body

7 46.67%
  • Map a voyage by water where the vessel and water body are decided by the throw of a dice

7 46.67%
  • I'm not interested in this idea.

1 6.67%

Thread: Map a voyage by water

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Map a voyage by water

I have seen a great many maps with beautiful oceans, lakes and rivers depicted in so many different styles and colours, but not very many where the water is the dominant feature of importance. The idea I have has two options:

IDEA A

Map a voyage by sea, lake or river, taken by a vessel of unspecified design (chose your own) with the option of mapping both or either the layout of the vessel and/or the ports where landing is made...

IDEA B

Map a water bound voyage between at least two ports, choosing the variables as follows using the traditional random generator (a pair of dice):

Dice 1: vessel

1 = coracle / canoe / raft / rowboat... or other very small one or two man vessel.
    2 = fishing boat / dredging vessel / tug... or other type of commercial 'working' vessel.
    3 = gunship / battleship / aircraft carrier... or other type of naval vessel
    4 = submarine / amphibious land vehicle
    5 = pleasure boat / cruiser / ocean liner (larger recreational / leisure craft)
    6 = sailing vessel (any kind)

Dice 2: water body

1 = River
    2 = Inland sea
    3 = Ocean
    4 = Canal
    5 = Flooded area
    6 = Reservoir

Please vote

When you vote...

The first option is for IDEA A

The second option is for IDEA B,

The third option 'I am not interested in this idea' is to express your concern that having either A or B as a challenge would have a negative effect on the challenge system by failing to attract enough entrants that month.
    Last edited by Mouse; 12-24-2016 at 06:02 AM.