Thread: Please, redirect me to the straight path! (Getting lost while follow Eriond tut)

The Sky, the Celestial Realm of Calchlion

Question Please, redirect me to the straight path! (Getting lost while follow Eriond tut)

I followed Eriond tut by Arsheesh, but it seemed that something is wrong. I tried to isolate cloud-land, and of course I followed the step. Not the isolated land that I get, I just get this clouds.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.PNG 
Views:	29 
Size:	427.4 KB 
ID:	90583

I've tried many times, but it always ended up in failure. Please someone, redirect me to the straight path!

O' His Divinity! No one? Really?

If I interprete your screenshot correctly, your "Land Mask" channel is completely white (meaning, the mask will be completely transparent).

The tutorial mentioned at the beginning that " You will also need a black & white outline of the map you want to make." and the first steps of the tutorial was to create a Selection Channel from that outline.
    The tutorial itself did not deal with creating this black & white outline, so if you didn't create one yourself, and started simply with a blank white screen, then of course GIMP will not know where to isolate the land.
    If you did start with a black & white outline of your lands, just make sure that you followed the first two steps correctly. If done right, the "Land Mask" channel icon should be white wherever there is land, and black where there is water.

(And just a potentially helpful reminder to consider when asking this kind of questions: try to identify the step where you are stuck as precisely as possible. I know that the Eriond tut doesn't number its steps, so here using the precise title of the step (Isolate the Land) could be helpful, or mentioning the image related to this step.
    It saves the people who want to answer the time and effort to sift throught the whole tut to find just your problem.

Also, be patient. This is a forum, not a chatboard, and sometimes it can take a while for people to be able to read your post, identify your problem, find a solution and post an answer.)
    Last edited by Freodin; 12-29-2016 at 07:18 AM.

Praise

Oh, I must be not reading the tut properly.... oh well. Thanks anyway for redirect me to the straight path towards the light! +rep.