Thread: Help with maps in CC3+ format

Guild Novice

Map Help with maps in CC3+ format

Hey y’all,
    I’m just getting back into DM’ing after a 30+ year absence. I haven’t played since it was all books, dice, and paper.
    My brother recently purchased CC3+ for Overland, City, Dungeon, Character, and Fractal. I was able to get the continent I wanted with Fractal, but I can’t seem to get my head around getting the sections of the map to look nice. Basically, I have an entire planet (1 continent) that I’d like to get completed in CC3+, so that it looks nice.
    The single continent can be broken down into sub-maps, so they can be used in campaigns. I’m going to try and use the games to create a story line to write a few books. (Hopefully.)

What I’m looking for is someone that is proficient enough with CC3+ to take the continent, flush it out with the different terrains, general nice features, with roads and city locations. (I can name the cities as I generate the legend/lore for the campaigns.) and just give the map a good general appearance.
    Then, break the continent down into sub maps that can be used in campaigns, with a bit more detail.
    By detail, let me explain. In most of the maps generated that I have looked at, the coastline has a nice edge. Rivers have rounded banks and roads aren’t just brown lines. For some reason, this is what I’m getting and it looks like something drawn in MSPaint.

Being a disabled VET, I’m wanting to get back into DM’ing and I’d like the maps I’m using to look nice. They’re going to be used on Roll20 and D20Pro, and I’ll be tracking the campaigns and will try my hand at writing about them to create a series, maybe.

I’m willing to pay for the work, as long as you can work with me, as my budget is specific every month and I’d have to pay you through PayPal.

Continent length 7401 miles by 10546 width. This is the continent(s) link and I can supply the CC3+ files.

This is an example of where I tried to break it down into a smaller campaign map and this is an example of where I tried to make a small village map.

I just don’t understand all the whistles and bells in CC3+ to make the maps nice and attractive. Given time, there would be multiple maps taken from the primary continent, as Bringum Bay was.
    If you do the project, there would be a lot of maps over several years probably, as the continent is rather large.

I’m open to discussion of terms on the price for ah type of map as long as you’re willing to work with me through PayPal and my monthly budget.

Hello DM_GM

I don't do commissions, though I am a CC3+ mapper (mostly).

There are quite a few CC3 mappers around here at the Guild, but you might also want to check out the list of individuals who have previously stated an interest in doing commission work over at the Profantasy Forum (home of Campaign Cartographer) as well as waiting for a response here.

This is the thread

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

I can't PM you yet but it sounds interesting. You can reach me at:

firewolf_tony@yahoo.com. If you are interested please put "Mapping Commission" in the title of the e-mail so I don't delete it as spam. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards

~ Tonnichiwa