Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Road to Tiamis

I'm a little late to the party here (still catching up from New Year!) but I just want to offer my congratulations on an absolutely beautiful map. I'm not even sure why you've been using CC3+ as an aide to mapping when you can draw freehand like this.

I'm so happy that you took my off-the-cuff remark and ran with it. It's a gorgeous piece of work and the colouring turned out wonderfully, especially given your relative unfamiliarity with gimp. Fantastic job, Mouse and I can't wait to see more from you. You should give The Shire a crack one of these days. I'd love to see a sleepy hobbit village done in this style.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    I'm a little late to the party here (still catching up from New Year!) but I just want to offer my congratulations on an absolutely beautiful map. I'm not even sure why you've been using CC3+ as an aide to mapping when you can draw freehand like this.

I'm so happy that you took my off-the-cuff remark and ran with it. It's a gorgeous piece of work and the colouring turned out wonderfully, especially given your relative unfamiliarity with gimp. Fantastic job, Mouse and I can't wait to see more from you. You should give The Shire a crack one of these days. I'd love to see a sleepy hobbit village done in this style.
    Aw thanks Chickpea

I'm just ever so glad that you said what you said, or I would never have bothered with trying a hand drawn map when things happen so much faster in a CC3+ map.

GIMP was a bit of a monster, and I've only half broken it, so its still keeps bolting off in the wrong direction to the way I want to go. Its not very tame is it! LOL!

As for the Shire? Hmmm. I'm thinking I have a way to go yet with developing my skills before I get to that kind of standard. I don't seem to be able to break my landscape perspective habits!

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Praise I am super impressed

Wow, i absolutely love this concept. Amazng and so well drawn too! good one!

Thank you Imants

Blog Entries

Wow, your illustration is absolutely gorgeous!
    Have some rep for that.

I'm sorry I can't rep you right now...

Thank you AzurePlanet

And don't worry about repping/not repping. Its really the thought that counts with me

I missed the release (being distracted by your epic city guild project) and can't give rep, but my Lord is that a beautiful piece of work mouse. Very well done.

I'm sorry Falconius! LOL!

Thanks for the compliment

I have one word for you Mouse, stunning.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

And I nearly missed your comment, damonjynx for the same reason!

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast