View Poll Results: Do you want to map 'Guild City'?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to map all or part of 'Guild City'

24 85.71%
  • I'd like to watch people trying to map 'Guild City'

4 14.29%
  • This is a bad idea, please don't use it!

0 0%
Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild City

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Thank's for this J, it's very helpful.

And Mouse, the new FAQ thread looks great, and very helpful as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    I just thought I'd say on a general note as I look at the responses and the number of WIP threads on this: WOW! This is collaboration on a huge scale. Impressive

J.Edwards, thanks once more for those building size guides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Thanks

If anyone has any amendments they'd like to have made to it just pop a note on the end of this thread
    It felt like a stampede, but my God it was fun

And here-here on the last point. None of this would have been possible without John and his phenomenal imagination
    I'm just glad to be able to be part of things like this and Guildworld and such.
    I say it a lot, but really do mean it - the Guild is an awesome place full of great people.
    That is what makes stuff like this possible.
    We really do have a great community here.

Mouse - excellent work on the index and the FAQ
    I added the sample images for water flow [with height] and the sample building image to the Index.
    If I do any other sample images, I will add them over there as well.

Guild Expert

Just curious... will there be some type of common currency in this city?

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Mouse - excellent work on the index and the FAQ
    I added the sample images for water flow [with height] and the sample building image to the Index.
    If I do any other sample images, I will add them over there as well.
    Aw thanks John

Yes - please add anything you think should be there. I'm pretty sure I've forgotten quite a lot. (Memory isn't what it used to be! LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Just curious... will there be some type of common currency in this city?
    Buns!

Buns and coffee - decent coffee

Yes!!! You can buy nearly anything in Chiezbehrg with good quality coffee

I would love to hear any good thoughts and suggestions on money options.
    And then, if you have bad suggestions, pop over to Chiezbehrg and let me know.

Maybe it is a type of money that is like totally inconvenient to carry around... like large crystals.
    Or bottles of certain sizes filled with different qualities of coffee or something.
    Maybe everything is done is trade... or in exchange for services or something.

Maybe people buy/sell/trade in small pieces of knotted magical rope.
    And the magical rope is very useful and as such people are actually really frugal.
    And as such they had to come up with a secondary source of money... hmmmm.

Deer skins used to be the currency in North America when the early Europeans traded with the already there people. They had little need for coins but deer skins were valuable. This is why the dollar is called a buck - short for buckskin.

I think the universal currency will probably be the most used - back scratching

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

Maybe it is a type of money that is like totally inconvenient to carry around... like large crystals.
    There won't be a ceramic pot safe in this land, but at least the grass will always be mowed. (a test to see if I am in a good place that easily get's that reference...)

Yes!!! You can buy nearly anything in Chiezbehrg with good quality coffee

Maybe everything is done is trade... or in exchange for services or something.

Maybe people buy/sell/trade in small pieces of knotted magical rope.
    And the magical rope is very useful and as such people are actually really frugal.
    And as such they had to come up with a secondary source of money... hmmmm.
    I know it's the simple answer, but typically how things work throughout history. Coins of different sizes and materials, copper, silver and gold. (must resist the urge to break out in song...) Perhaps we have some rare material that our coins are made out of.

What would be stamped on our coins? (if we go that route) has anyone (J.Edward?, Redrobes? Mouse?) come up with a city crest or coat of arms yet? As always I will suggest a compass rose or variation there of, or perhaps a rolled up scroll (or a pile of them) such as a parchment map may be.

But along with that some of the working districts may also barter, or trade services (some of the shadier places those services may not be for the feint of heart).

Of course over in 44 and the lower levels of 40 we may be trading finger bones...
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

Surely we want Robbie's face stamped on the coins? Perhaps he has a suitably majestic photo of himself in profile??
    Last edited by ChickPea; 01-11-2017 at 11:37 AM.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Well, I know that the there is a mint inside the Castle grounds that produces coins for the City. The most valuable being the Compass. It has a picture of a compass on both sides with the caption " Broaden your Horizon's"

Next is solid bars of magic that are sometimes summoned to be placed on maps as well as used as currency. These can make a map VERY valuable...and quite attractive too. They are called Rhumb Lines. But the Wizards on the castle grounds are the only ones who know how to make them, and they sell them to many Cartographer's to put on their maps. Little known fact, they can also be dissolved in tea and in doing so, can inspire great maps when drunk!

Next are the little triangle shaped coins made of a valuable stone. These are called Mountains. They are less valuable than Rhumb Lines but with their sharp corners they can double as shuriken in case a cartographer in the city runs into trouble. Throwing mountains around is a guaranteed way of distracting a would be attacker long enough to get away!

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast