View Poll Results: Do you want to map 'Guild City'?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to map all or part of 'Guild City'

24 85.71%
  • I'd like to watch people trying to map 'Guild City'

4 14.29%
  • This is a bad idea, please don't use it!

0 0%
Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild City

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    Next are the little triangle shaped coins made of a valuable stone. These are called Mountains. They are less valuable than Rhumb Lines but with their sharp corners they can double as shuriken in case a cartographer in the city runs into trouble. Throwing mountains around is a guaranteed way of distracting a would be attacker long enough to get away!
    The drunk at the tavern who has a habit of throwing mountains at people, is now referred to only as "The Mountain Man"... (ok that was a bad one even for me...)
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

How many hills in a mountain?

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Three or four. It really depends on the quality of the Mountain. You see, another little known fact is that the value of a Mountain is dependent upon it's purity. Sadly, the only way to test it's purity is to bite off one of the corners!. Unfortunately, when you do that this lowers the value of the Mountain and turns it into what is called a Volcano, as one tip is missing. It can be quite damaging to one's teeth to bite off a mountain, but at least it has a good taste. It tastes like the candies called "Red Hots".

Most people just give it a value of three or four hills as hills are not worth very much. Most folks don't want to risk breaking their teeth you see. This is why there are more mountains than volcano's.

I guess that all the bumps, ripples and squeaks I've got are worth practically nothing then

lol...nah, get enough of those together and they are unofficially called a "mole hill". Gather enough mole hill's together and you can make mountains

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

Three or four. It really depends on the quality of the Mountain. You see, another little known fact is that the value of a Mountain is dependent upon it's purity. Sadly, the only way to test it's purity is to bite off one of the corners!. Unfortunately, when you do that this lowers the value of the Mountain and turns it into what is called a Volcano, as one tip is missing.
    So after it has been tested by one person, and another person is called in to verify it's quality, to they bite off the same point eventually creating a butte or mesa? Or to they work off each point until they end up with a little hex marker?
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

Can I have all the little nibbles to add to my collection?

EDIT: for the orphans, you understand!

Guild Expert

LMAO...Maybe I shouldn't have asked...

Word has it that the Druids, and Alchemists in 56 have joined forces with the university to create inks which withstand the test of time, and are resistant to sun damage. Perhaps they could begin research to find an alloy which would be suitably non destructive.

And FYI news has it that reports of contaminated tea are cropping up all over the city. There have been several sightings of people becoming intoxicated after drinking it, and going into fits of incoherent rambling which can last for several day's. Witness testimony states that some of the first cases appeared in the campus coffee shop just after a mysterious cloaked figure exited the premises, and was later seen entering the tunnels on the far side of the hill.

Sorry Chickpea, I didn't see what you wrote about Robbie's face and the coins until after I posted the bit about the money. I guess one side of the most valuable coin could be a compass with those words, and the other Robbies face? lol..maybe with the words "All Hail Flappymap" written underneath?

... lol..maybe with the words "All Hail Flappymap" written underneath?
    Hahaha!

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast