View Poll Results: Do you want to map 'Guild City'?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to map all or part of 'Guild City'

24 85.71%
  • I'd like to watch people trying to map 'Guild City'

4 14.29%
  • This is a bad idea, please don't use it!

0 0%
Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild City

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

I'm really glad I joined when I did. This is fun. I've not been in a group with this many creative people that work this well together. That in and of itself is honestly amazing.

If I haven't said it yet thank you for letting me be a part of this.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

I'm just wondering if there's any deadline for this? Because I just haven't had time to start it yet, and so many are already making awesome maps.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

There's no time limit that I know of. The only drawback I can see to not getting started sooner rather than later, is that you lose the chance to discuss boundary matters like bridges and such with your neighbours - unless you have a neighbour who doesn't mind redrawing part of their finished map to cooperate on a project like that

EDIT: I also don't see that there's a problem with getting your WIP thread started now, even if you don't yet have a map to put up on it - just so you can talk about these things with your neighbours properly.

EDIT 2: DarkInfinity - lovely to have you on board
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-13-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    There's no time limit that I know of. The only drawback I can see to not getting started sooner rather than later, is that you lose the chance to discuss boundary matters like bridges and such with your neighbours - unless you have a neighbour who doesn't mind redrawing part of their finished map to cooperate on a project like that

EDIT: I also don't see that there's a problem with getting your WIP thread started now, even if you don't yet have a map to put up on it - just so you can talk about these things with your neighbours properly.
    I would agree with this, there are a couple already that are just Here's my section maps. And most of us have been adding links to our neighbors sections to make a nice reference and make it easier to have those border conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    I'm just wondering if there's any deadline for this? Because I just haven't had time to start it yet, and so many are already making awesome maps.
    Mine is still pretty empty, no worries. I imagine I'll be one of the last ones done. Mine is pencil and paper, and I have two young kids so I am normally only working on this around lunch time at work or after the kids go to bed... If I'm not too tired.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    EDIT 2: DarkInfinity - lovely to have you on board
    Thanks Mouse
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

The overall map and the zommable map are of course as cool as always. Thank you Redrobes. But shouldn't there also be a WIP thumbnail scraper here as well?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm dumb. I just expected it at the top but its outside with the zoomable map.
    Last edited by Falconius; 01-18-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Yeah the thumbnail pages are special and not like a "post" so they always have to have their own special page links like that from the community one. For anyone else similarly confused you can get to it from here !
    (But its main link is from the community topic)

Redrobes has a couple of photos of the limestone in Chedder here. So I thought it might be a good idea to gather our resources so here are more photos of limestone for colour reference. These ones are from around here, this is around the end of dry season, but nearer to sunset so wrong time of day:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6400 (Copy).JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	518.2 KB 
ID:	91638Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6834 (Copy).JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	218.6 KB 
ID:	91639
    Shows there is a wide variety of options available, perhaps it is so colour versatile because it is based on white. Pretty neat over all.

Shall we put all these in a new sticky thread called "Guild City - Terrain Photos" that everyone can add to from their own pictures?

Could be kinda cool.

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast