View Poll Results: Do you want to map 'Guild City'?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to map all or part of 'Guild City'

24 85.71%
  • I'd like to watch people trying to map 'Guild City'

4 14.29%
  • This is a bad idea, please don't use it!

0 0%
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Guild City

Hmmm... maybe I would, at that. Trouble is that I asked thomrey if he would kindly draw the whole wall for me, rather than attempt to split the job between us, so I kind of owe him a favour. It depends how tall he builds that wall as to whether I start to shout 'not fair!' I can give him about 25 foot of shadow space before it gets to be a pain, so he can have a 50-60 foot wall if he wants

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    Well, I think the people in my section could have a vote, a referendum or something like that, and decide that they don't allow shadows from other sections to enter section 21... that would be.. awesome, so great, so great. I'm sure people in your section could decide to exit that shadows system as well, it's not good for you. You could be great again, if it wasn't for those evil shadows from your neighbours.
    "Realistic shadows totally overrated, but if certain shadows are allowed in it's death & destruction! " Odd pal Mr. Tun, GröPaZ of the Mediocracy of 140 Symbols, on a perfectly normal monday afternoon... XD
    Last edited by Abu Lafia; 02-06-2017 at 11:51 AM.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Boy! I am so glad I don't share a border with either of you two! LOL!

Blog Entries

About the shadow direction...

Depends on which way the planet spins / revolves aorund its sun. On earth sun rises in the east and sets in the west and in the winter in the northern hemisphere its low in the south. We know from the GuildWorld were in the southern hemisphere but we dont know the tilt of the planet etc. But if you have to look West to see the the sun then its afternoon if the earth spins the same way as GuildWorld. So I kind of agree with Azelor maybe its 2pm. Noone really specified which way the planet spins. All we did kind of say was that was the direction of shadow to make everyones map take unified lighting.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    Well, I think the people in my section could have a vote, a referendum or something like that, and decide that they don't allow shadows from other sections to enter section 21... that would be.. awesome, so great, so great. I'm sure people in your section could decide to exit that shadows system as well, it's not good for you. You could be great again, if it wasn't for those evil shadows from your neighbours.
    Can we call for "alternate shadows" ?

What's an alternate shadow?

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

It's like "alternative facts", but for shadows..

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    About the shadow direction...

Depends on which way the planet spins / revolves aorund its sun. On earth sun rises in the east and sets in the west and in the winter in the northern hemisphere its low in the south. We know from the GuildWorld were in the southern hemisphere but we dont know the tilt of the planet etc. But if you have to look West to see the the sun then its afternoon if the earth spins the same way as GuildWorld. So I kind of agree with Azelor maybe its 2pm. Noone really specified which way the planet spins. All we did kind of say was that was the direction of shadow to make everyones map take unified lighting.
    The sun will always rise in the east. It the planet spins the other way then 'east' will be the other way, the north will be to the left and the south to the right as you observe sunrise. The word 'east' is derived from the same root that 'aurora' (Latin) and 'auos' (Greek) are, and it means 'dawn'. If the sun rises in the west all of a sudden then the forces required for this would be so catastrophic that there'd probably be nobody left to say east, west or even WTF was that?

As for the tilt, I think we are just assuming the same axial tilt as the Earth otherwise the climatology, seasons, location of the tropics, all change. It's not a hard rule, though, it's just a guide so that there's an element of consistency.

Straf! LOL!

You've got me walking around in circles!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Southern Crane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    The sun will always rise in the east. It the planet spins the other way then 'east' will be the other way, the north will be to the left and the south to the right as you observe sunrise.
    Unless its a tidally locked planet

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051 LastLast