View Poll Results: Do you want to map 'Guild City'?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to map all or part of 'Guild City'

24 85.71%
  • I'd like to watch people trying to map 'Guild City'

4 14.29%
  • This is a bad idea, please don't use it!

0 0%
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Guild City

Well then there'd be a permanently dark side and a permanently light side. I wonder what sort of life would exist under such conditions and if wondering which were the cardinal directions would be a major priority for it. And there'd most likely be a permanent twilight zone And now that music is playing in your head and you can't get rid of it

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Well then there'd be a permanently dark side and a permanently light side. I wonder what sort of life would exist under such conditions and if wondering which were the cardinal directions would be a major priority for it. And there'd most likely be a permanent twilight zone And now that music is playing in your head and you can't get rid of it
    Only if the planets locked together were not rotating about a common axis. That's the setup I mapped in the very first map I uploaded to the Guild - Ethran and Errispa - two worlds locked together rotating about a single axis and also around their sun (I showed Errispa's shadow on Ethran when I mapped Ethran). In that setup the permanent darkness exists only where the planets face each other, and the twilight zone is around the outside of that in the penumbra of that shadow

Aye but a tidally locked planet will be rotating at the same rate it takes to orbit its star so one hemisphere will always face the star and the other into the dark, black void of my soulspace.

Then I'm guilty of misunderstanding the term, since mine rotate about a common axis once a day

EDIT: I guess the smaller one is in more of a 'geosynchronous' orbit of the larger world, rather than being tide locked - like the moon is with the Earth
    Last edited by Mouse; 02-08-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Don't know whether the rest of you have seen it yet, but We were discussing how much fun it would be to have a Wally/Waldo in each of the maps. Chashio has drawn the most adorable little dragon and posted it over on Red's thread. You have to colour and shade it yourself, but that's the idea - you can use your own colour scheme to hide Wally in your map in plain sight by blending him into your map using the same colours as the rest of the map.

Just a bit of fun - feel free to join in if you want to

There will be a version of Wally in Atlas Ward, Erahum Ward, and the Borough of Lurkin, so that's 3 booked already

Thank you Chashio

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Count me in for Waldo the dragon... Hiding on the plaza or chewing some signals on the top the tower...

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Don't know whether the rest of you have seen it yet, but We were discussing how much fun it would be to have a Wally/Waldo in each of the maps. Chashio has drawn the most adorable little dragon and posted it over on Red's thread. You have to colour and shade it yourself, but that's the idea - you can use your own colour scheme to hide Wally in your map in plain sight by blending him into your map using the same colours as the rest of the map.

Just a bit of fun - feel free to join in if you want to

There will be a version of Wally in Atlas Ward, Erahum Ward, and the Borough of Lurkin, so that's 3 booked already

Thank you Chashio
    Now that I've actually started properly thinking about my section, I'm going to definitely try and sneak in Wally too! Thanks for pointing all this out to me, Mouse, and thanks for the cute little drawing Chashio!

He is just adoooorable! LOL!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Can I still join in?

Course you can

Go right ahead and pick yourself 3 or 4 districts/wards from J.Edward's master plan in order of preference, then let him know you'd like to map it by adding a comment to the end of that same thread. Any questions just add them here on this thread

In anticipation of your taking up the pen on this project - welcome aboard

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051 LastLast