Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Batikshal Empire

Guild Member Facebook Connected Chris Lewis's Avatar

Thank you for the info, Ilanthar. Looking forward to more updates on your map!

You're welcome, Chris!

Update with a few tests about forests. I fear my new city (which I wanted smaller) is a bit too sketchy...
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire Batikshal.jpeg 
Views:	90 
Size:	3.18 MB 
ID:	91101

Guild Member Facebook Connected Chris Lewis's Avatar

I think your forest work is coming along beautifully, Ilanthar. I particularly love the way you've done your pines. And the "tufts" in your Jungle Test are inspiring. I think you pull it off and make it happen! I've saved your map in my file of "works to emulate" and use as an example to base my own work on as I try to move into digital. Thank you for the inspiration, my friend.

I totally agree Ilanthar - those jungle tufts look awesome, as do the pines.
    What's not to love in this map?

I just love those beasties...they're absolutely awesome!

Also, for that forest-style (which is not my favorite, all in all), you did a really good job, Ilanthar. I dig the part in the north a lot but i also think the jungle comes along nicely.
    The shaded mountains look stunning.

Looking forward to more!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Guild Expert

How did I miss this update yesterday? It looks great Ilanthar, and I like the sketchy city's to go with those mountains, but you are right... the one you have marked off does appear a bit more sketchy, tho I think it's just because it's smaller. To me it seems like the lines are more tightly packed on that one making it appear darker in contrast to the other's, I think if you turned down the opacity of the one troubling you... by just a hair... it might match up a bit better, or at least fool us into thinking that it does...I don't know, but I've had a similar problem just recently, and it seemed to do the trick.

And so you know, if you Hadn't pointed it out I probably wouldn't have noticed it

By J.Edward
    What's not to love in this map?
    The grumpy cartographer who's complaining all the time ?

@Eilathen : Thanks! I know it's not your favourite forest-style. In case you wonder, the "beast" of the Empire is the Griffin (and I will use if for the title).

@Kacey : Thanks! Well, there's a lot of things to watch and admire at the guild right now! Thanks for your comment, I decided to redo it and hope it's better.

Some new elements, then :
    ### Latest WIP ###

Views:	49 
Size:	3.19 MB 
ID:	91176

I'm itching to see this coloured!

Its just beautiful

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

La finesse du trait pour les villes, les montagnes, les forêts et les animaux fantastiques ! Incroyable ! Ca donne vraiment un côté "vivant" à la carte que je trouve merveilleux !

et en googletrad :

The finesse of the feature for cities, mountains, forests and fantastic animals! Unbelievable ! It really gives a "live" side to the map that I find wonderful!

By Mouse
    I'm itching to see this coloured!
    Err.. I'm not quite there, I fear... But thanks !

By - Jo -
    La finesse du trait pour les villes, les montagnes, les forêts et les animaux fantastiques ! Incroyable ! Ca donne vraiment un côté "vivant" à la carte que je trouve merveilleux !
    Merci beaucoup ! I'm gonna try to not make the rest too "lifeless" then .

A bit more...
    ### Latest WIP ###

Views:	49 
Size:	3.25 MB 
ID:	91205

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast