Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Batikshal Empire

Update with more mountains, crops, cities and forests...
    Damn, even in 14 days, I'm far from the end with this one...

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire Batikshal.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	3.57 MB 
ID:	91507

Awesome!

Are you planning on putting terrain and such in the outer realm regions as well or just leaving them blank with beasts?

I love those little mangrove symbols

There are just so many different kinds of things to look at on this map. I could spend a happy hour or two absorbing it even now, and 14 days is nothing - not considering the work of art that you are creating

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

This is coming along nicely Ilanthar! For the moment the mountains seem to kind of pop up from the plains instead of rising up from them gradually, but I'm sure that will be taken care of in shading and/or colouring. Everything else is just glorious! This is some masterful draughtsmanship, it really is!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

By Chashio
    Are you planning on putting terrain and such in the outer realm regions as well or just leaving them blank with beasts?
    Thanks ! Well, no... Some border things like the forest in the north west, but I think I'll let them blank, maybe with the beasts.

Thanks again, Mouse ! The thing is that I have a lot to do after this one... starting with my Guild City District .

By Caenwyr
    This is coming along nicely Ilanthar! For the moment the mountains seem to kind of pop up from the plains instead of rising up from them gradually, but I'm sure that will be taken care of in shading and/or colouring. Everything else is just glorious! This is some masterful draughtsmanship, it really is!
    Thanks a lot Caenwyr! I'll try to correct this with shading, indeed. I've done some lines here and there, but it's probably too subtle. Hmm, you made my rep end by 666, I won't see it as a bad omen .

Small update, mainly new buildings/sites in the north.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Views:	39 
Size:	3.59 MB 
ID:	91528

Default Love your work!

Really terrific map, love your attention to detail. You probably answered this question somewhere in the preceding posts, but are you using a stylus and tablet or some other method to create your art?

Thanks, Vaxfiend !
    Yup, I'm using a tablet (wacom Intuos Art medium).

Small update, since I made a layer mistake... and had lost everything since my last save...
    ### Latest WIP ###

Views:	61 
Size:	3.62 MB 
ID:	91592

Holy. Crap.

This is an amazing map so far. I'm not as experienced as, well, probably everyone on this forum, but this is by far the most interesting looking fantasy map I've seen so far. I really love the attention to detail, especially the little lighthouse to the north centre at that little peninsula, the look of your mountains and forests, the shape of your coastlines and the aging/colouring so far. Also, those symbols for the different nations/political factions are amazing.

If I might ask a few questions: What program do you use, and what image size & resolution? For that amount of detail, I imagine it must be incredibly huge. Also, did you have any image you based those creature symbols off of? Or did you just make them from scratch?

One thing I do find a little irritating is the cliffs on the western shore within the crater. The perspective seems off to me, but maybe it'll look better once the map is completely done. Also, the fact that the map cuts off that narrow peninsula to the southeast is somewhat weird to me. I'd imagine the inhabitants of this world would've made sure to make the map large enough to show that peninsula fully (supposing it doesn't extend far south of the mapped territory as is), if you get what I mean.

This is looking incredible, love the forest transition from deciduous to jungle. Lots of detail and really cool setting of your buildings, great job, this will be one to put in my reference folder on how to. Thanks for sharing and look forward to seeing this continue.

There is so much things to say about this map, but I prefer to see you developing your magic and take inspiration from it . Really great job, you're doing a master piece here .
    Cheers.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast