Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Guildcity - Tell me your preference for Section number

Thank you John

I'm going to put Atlas Ward up on the Finished Maps thread in the next hour (as well as at the end of the WIP for Red to use).

Maybe with one of the sections completed and presented in the main forum we might just attract a few more mappers to the project.

If no one takes 15 in the next 48 hours, though, I'd like to claim it myself

Do you want the whole big 15+ [with the upgrade] ?

Might be nice to see what you'd do with a big section that's both inside and outside the wall.
    If you want to do that just let me know and I'll get you a section with those combined.

I'm sitting here with a huge grin on my face!

If no one grabs it in the next 2 days, then yes please!

Blog Entries

When we did the CWBP with Ansium I had to do about 4 of the tiles with an autogenerated script at the end just to get them filled in as the project stalled with nobody taking them. I think its better that somebody takes them now rather than waiting till the end and finding nobody does. So my vote would be that if you finish a section then I would be dead keen to see someone take on another.

If people want to map something in it then there are a huge number of buildings to get done and no end of other miscellaneous things like sewers, caves, dungeon sections way beneath the ground or whatever that could be pulled into service. I really dont think we would end up with a lack of space to use.

I think what everyone is saying Mouse is, just take 15 right now and enjoy yourself.

I don't mind if there is someone who doesn't want to do a whole city section but feels like they want to map specific buildings/the underground in Atlas Ward

EDIT: Well Ninjad Falconius

I'm already dreaming about it - don't you worry

Well Mouse, here is is whenever you decide to accept that we're all okay with you doing section 15
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section 15 Plus [upgraded].jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	91942
    It's a big section so have fun with it. Go nuts.

Thank you John

I can make the map in one big segment no problem, but I'm limited by the upload file size. To get around any possible low res issues if I did it that way I will map it as one CC3+ file, but upload it as two separate renders - east and west. I'll also stick to the old join line so that Red can stick them back together again without any trouble.

Only got one question...

I can see the word plateau very faintly there, but a little further north it says 'ridge'. I'm not entirely sure I'm getting the true nature of the topography right in my mind's eye. Am I looking at a series of steep scarps and cliffs terracing down towards the water, or is it a series of ridges sitting on a slightly inclined slope?

Don't worry about that.
    I had some thoughts I wrote down on the original sketch that didn't make it into the later version.
    [But they still show as there on the lowest under layer]

Blog Entries

Mouse: If you want to post an almost blank image showing your final render sized images with the border and whatever split line you want, ill be fine with that. So long as I can accurately extract a mask image by using a fill to a border line then I am ok. My app scales icons down to a max of 2Kx2K so your whole map will max out at 4K in my app anyway. Now given that the whole overall map is 4K and the whole zoomable map is 16K then it makes little difference to them. but I can add links onto the zoom map to all of the final image attachments anyway so anyone can get to the native image resolutions.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast