Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Guildcity - Tell me your preference for Section number

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    So, if I've read all the forums correctly, I think that means that I should comment here if I want to jump in on the Guildcity map... Right?

Are there any teeny tiny pieces leftover that can be assigned? I'm talking real little. Slums, farms, maybe a derelict section of town. Something easy to overlook.

EDIT: I know that I'm supposed to choose 4 sections of priority, but my request is geared toward a partial section, perhaps an alcove or something. If necessary, I can certainly pick a few numbers that look less daunting in scale.
    Hey Hustle,

I don't have any smaller section pieces, but if you look at a section and think it's an area you would like to fill up some, just let me know.
    Maybe if you feel like you may not want to draw a large city section, maybe you could show part of it is destroyed, maybe by a dragon or something.

Edit - If you really want a section broken down to smaller size, I can do that.

Hmm. I think with respect for the project, I'd rather not take on a whole district. It'd be my first top-down map of anything not directly work-related, and my regular stuff is far less aesthetically pleasing. This may be a "watch from the sidelines" type of thread. No worries!

Looks like J. Edward and I simultaneously posted. But I think my message still stands... I'll do some top-down tinkering and hopefully join in when the project expands outside the walls. Thanks!

Any time, Hustle.

J designed it in such a way that it would be possible to add to it almost indefinitely, so you could always have a little piece of it at some later date if you would prefer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    EDIT: I know that I'm supposed to choose 4 sections of priority, but my request is geared toward a partial section, perhaps an alcove or something. If necessary, I can certainly pick a few numbers that look less daunting in scale.
    Our community projects are pretty open. Normally we take a map and divide it up and then we all map it. But the real idea is so that once it is covered you can then pick up a building and map the interior or maybe a park etc. So far all of the maps have been "Sections" but there is no reason why you cant be the first to map a "Building" within one of the maps. Its a community project so you should be able to pick anyones map and just go for it with a building within it. Even this whole city is one within the larger Guild World map which you can have a look at.

If you want you can pick any of the buildings in my section and map the interior of them. Or do a more detailed map of the water wheel or whatever.

So yeah, there is no need to split off a whole section if you dont want to.

In my opinion tho, we have an awful lot of white space on the map and so anything you care to fill in would be welcome.

I want to try draw not too large city map and thought that a section of a bigger town will be actually better. I see that there are still many sections here blank, so how about i take one more. This way i can kill two birds with one stone. I was thinking section 57.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

That's fine by me, Voolf

Its 3.30 am over here in the UK, so I'm just a little chilled out and not very awake at the moment. If its not got a name beside it in the index, then its yours if you want it

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That's fine by me, Voolf

Its 3.30 am over here in the UK, so I'm just a little chilled out and not very awake at the moment. If its not got a name beside it in the index, then its yours if you want it
    It does not. I will reserve it then.
    Btw, i did not know mouses are nocturnal creatures
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

That's fine by me, Voolf

Yep That works.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    ...Btw, i did not know mouses are nocturnal creatures
    Oh yes - very much so

I do have to go to bed now, though...

Glad to see you doing a bit more to the city, Voolf. (my brain has just woken up to that fact! LOL!)

EDIT: Hi John

Oh yes - very much so

I do have to go to bed now, though...

Glad to see you doing a bit more to the city, Voolf. (my brain has just woken up to that fact! LOL!)

EDIT: Hi John
    Hey Mouse
    You are always up so late.
    I used to be... now I try to get to bed earlier.
    When I can

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast