Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 56 - Cross Parc [Straf]

I'm impressed with the way you are shading the relief on this map. Top down is notoriously far more difficult to do than ISO relief.

I think the chlorophyll in this section has become radioactive. That green layer is just... hideous I hope I haven't put anyone off their breakfast/lunch/dinner with it or even worse given anyone nightmares. Reuters are reporting that world leaders are united in condemning that green. The officials of this district wish it be known that those responsible for this green have been sacked. Furthermore those responsible for hiring those responsible have also been sacked. The layer has now been isolated and taken to a furnace where it has been burned. Just to make sure that furnace has been taken to a larger furnace and also been burned.

From the Gazeta Guildopolis:
    Controversy raged through Guild City yesterday as the developers of Cross Parc laid down a layer of base vegetation. It was said to be such an offensive tone of green that even blind people vomited. A spokesperson from the Perception Alteration Research Centre, from which the district derives its name, commented:

"We would just like everyone to know that those responsible for this horrendous carbuncle have been sacked. The people who hired them have also been sacked. The sacks are fully biodegradable and should compost within a year. The layer itself has been destroyed and the Research Council are now looking to recruit a new board of scapegoats onto the vegetation committee to hire more developers."

World leaders were quick to condemn the layer, stating that it lowered the general tone of not only the city, but that of the whole world and perhaps beyond it too.

One of the developers who was sacked spoke to our reporter and said "Some bigger boys made us do it."

Meanwhile work continues to remove the Trouble that has haunted the old mill in the district.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section 56 WIP.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	91970
    Last edited by Straf; 01-29-2017 at 04:45 AM.

That's looking decidedly more friendly
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-29-2017 at 04:47 PM.

Colors are fine, in my humble opinion. But I think you are not conveying enough depth to the water level, in comparison to the ground surface..

Holly excrements ! I dream of being able to show heights like this ! Wonderful ! I guess you won't put buildings on the hills ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    Colors are fine, in my humble opinion. But I think you are not conveying enough depth to the water level, in comparison to the ground surface..
    Do you mean the land should be higher? I haven't finished all the heights yet. I sort of want it sloping towards the NW with a sort of basin in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Holly excrements ! I dream of being able to show heights like this ! Wonderful ! I guess you won't put buildings on the hills ?
    The herbalists and research labs will be on the plateau in the west. I might put some windmills on some other hills. There'll be a mill for grains and seeds down by that island bit as it's convenient to stick a sluice gate in there. Then there are places for the alchemists to blow stuff up carry out important research planned. And with secretive research going on about the place I'm sure there'll be one or two inns and taverns where nosey reporters from the Gazeta Guildopolis looking for a scandalous breakthrough scoop will hang around. Of course, we'll be drip feeding them bits of 'information' through our network of agents posing as workers - just to send them barking up the wrong tree (which I'm dreading trying to draw).

EDIT: I just realised you said holly excrements. I thought you said holy - holly will be somewhat more painful to pass I would imagine

Damn, that's spiky indeed

I thought that maybe you'd gone to extreme measures to prove your sympathies to the pain of childbirth

Guild Expert

You're terrain shading looks great Straf, I actually preferred it with the green, but without looks good too. Looking forward to more updates on this one.

Thanks kacey. I think those hours of patient and meticulous shading using a mouse to try to do mountains paid off. It's a lot easier with a pen and tablet, certainly a lot let passes.

i didn't really like that green. I am going to try a new one. I don't know why though, it's only going to be dug up when the buildings get erected

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast