Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: 14 - The Ward of Chiezbehrg [J.Edward]

This has all the lovely subtleties of a watercolour, but is somehow much stronger than that.

Watching your progress is fascinating. I'm waiting to see how long you do your shadows!

You've got such a rich way of drawing. Your maps are always, city or regional, so full of details ...

I've written this often before, but it can't hurt to repeat it. You impress both by the stunning quality of your illustrations and by the pace of your production. This is nearly done already! I wish I had a drop of your talent.

Speaking of "a drop of your talent". You might have noticed it already.. I am using both this map and the Best-City-Map-of-2016 Haerlech piece as style guides for my own work at section 21. Specialy for the non-houses part of it. I'm not much of a "drawer" and never did a city map before, so I know I am aiming very high, but it's that your style is so "deceitfuly" simple that one gets inspired to use it as a model.
    Thank you.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I really love your choice of colors ! It changes a lot from your previous work, I think ! Darker ?

This is insanely gorgeous...

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    This is really coming along.
    It is but slowly. Very slowly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    This has all the lovely subtleties of a watercolour, but is somehow much stronger than that.

Watching your progress is fascinating. I'm waiting to see how long you do your shadows!
    Thanks Mouse
    I am not sure how long I will make the shadows... not sure what time of day it is... or even the day of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    You've got such a rich way of drawing. Your maps are always, city or regional, so full of details ...
    Thanks Thomas
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    I've written this often before, but it can't hurt to repeat it. You impress both by the stunning quality of your illustrations and by the pace of your production. This is nearly done already! I wish I had a drop of your talent.

Speaking of "a drop of your talent". You might have noticed it already.. I am using both this map and the Best-City-Map-of-2016 Haerlech piece as style guides for my own work at section 21. Specialy for the non-houses part of it. I'm not much of a "drawer" and never did a city map before, so I know I am aiming very high, but it's that your style is so "deceitfuly" simple that one gets inspired to use it as a model.
    Thank you.
    Thank you so much Pixie
    It is deceitful in some ways... because it is mostly all simple lines and stuff...
    there are just a lot of them.
    I have been enjoying seeing your section develop.
    I think yours was one of the first to get shadows going.
    Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    I really love your choice of colors ! It changes a lot from your previous work, I think ! Darker ?
    Thanks JO. Yes, i think it will end up a bit darker, especially once shadows get in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    This is insanely gorgeous...
    Thanks Ilanthar

Here's where I am at right now.
    I jumped ahead and started adding some shadow, because, well, I got impatient to see it.
    I still have more ground color to do and other things, I'm sure.
    But here it is.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section 14_alt1 test18.jpg 
Views:	625 
Size:	2.17 MB 
ID:	95258
    Last edited by J.Edward; 04-29-2017 at 10:54 PM.

This is absolutely amazing John.
    I drew inspiration from your map for my guild city map, but every time I look at this I realize I really can't imitate the master. Unbelievable.
    You're a real pioneer in modern cartography.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Oooooh John!!!

Its absolutely gorgeous... delightful... incredible...

I am spellbound!!!

As others, i love it and you already know that your maps inspire me so much.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast