Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: 03 - Atlas Ward [Mouse]

You know... I actually doubt any of us have actually thought that far.
    I know I haven't. I would probably just do it up how I wanted and then Red would grab what was there to grab.
    Last edited by J.Edward; 01-28-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Not sure. What's everyone else doing? I can see that some mappers have labels, and some don't.
    I think most maps are not advanced enough to include labels yet.

I think the other thing that's putting me of just plonking a few labels on it right now is that I don't know how small I can get away with - font size. If the font has to be fairly big I may leave them out altogether, except on the map in the FM forum.

I'll wait and see how things evolve. I can always upload a labelled version later on

Blog Entries

Well done for finishing. It looks good and that rock did evolve a bit didnt it. For a while now I have been wondering if that streaker would have been better described as streaky bacon. Hard to tell with lack of pixels.... I'll put your latest image on the overall map and you can see if you want to put lables on or not. I think not for the latest wip one but maybe have them on the finished map. Well its up to you. Like J.E. said - ill just take what I am given and bung it up on the overall map.

Thanks Red

I started with one of the smaller areas, and my software is specifically designed for city building, so I had at least two seriously unfair advantages before I started

This is for you...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Streaker.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	332.3 KB 
ID:	91944

Blog Entries

I knew it !!!!!

Edit: Here is a sample of your map at the same res its going to look on the zoomable map at max zoom. So if you wanted to put on lables then they would need to be clear enough at this res. Beyond this we either need to link to a new zoomable map of a part of the city or I can put some links in to your forum attachment to get the native image size. But on an attachment we could not have more links to the building interiors etc. They have to be on the zoomable map somewhere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section30AtMaxZoom.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	385.0 KB 
ID:	91947  
    Last edited by Redrobes; 01-28-2017 at 06:15 PM.

I'm so glad you liked my little streaker

I think I do a couple of labels on the main map. I'd like to leave the option for building plans/elevations/dungeon maps open both for myself and others, so that's what I'll do

I might also tone down the brilliance of those rooftops just a bit. When you lose the tile texture in the antialiasing they do look rather... 'playdough', don't they! LOL!

Looks like I've got one more WIP to sort out now before I get going on section 15+

Hi Red

I've done you a version with labels instead of numbers and a key - just to see if any of it can be read at the res you will be doing for the final zoomy map

The road names are 8 ft tall to scale, and the place names are 12 foot tall. The Stadium (its not really an arena without a roof) is labelled in 20 ft letters (I think)

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Atlas_Ward_Final_(with_labels).JPG 
Views:	201 
Size:	8.22 MB 
ID:	91999

This is a transparent thingumajig of the map so that you can use it to match up to your borders without having that paper texture all over your map

Name:	Excert from 03.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	9.19 MB 
ID:	92034

9.19 MB

Aren't png files simply enormous!!

Sorry!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Thanks Mouse, that's great!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920