Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 03 - Atlas Ward [Mouse]

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Wow !

I really like your work !
    The nice sunny ambiance of your district makes me just want to rest there for the day !

Thanks Jo

Not as complex as your beautiful plaza, but I try. I'll put a bench or two in that green spot near the water front for you

Guild Expert

The Compass Rose looks lovely, this is really coming along.

Thanks Kacey

I was going to put up another WIP now, but I'm afraid I just went and lost about 4 hours work. One stupid mistake on my part - three whole blocks of new buildings... gone!

Never mind, it shouldn't take me half as long now I know how to make them

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Ouch mouse! Were you in CC3+ at the time? If you were, check your autosave folder. Hopefully it's in there. If not, I am truly sorry. I hate doing that kind of thing. It happens to me sometimes in Artrage Studio.

LOL! That's how I lost it - the autosave was annoying me, so I switched it off. I confused it by wheel zooming in and out too fast at VH resolution, and down it went.

Too many shaded polygons, I think!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

lol...yup...that'll do it. The program isn't meant for super fast wheel zoom. The old CC3 used to crash just about every time I did that. The newer CC3+ is more stable but occasionally it will do that if you go too fast and have way too much stuff on your screen.

Well, sorry to hear you lost all of that work. Autosave is like that annoying friend who interrupts you right when you are getting to a good part in a book. But he's a well meaning friend, so you should listen to him

And its gone again...

I only have this problem when I have too many shaded polygons on my screen. I was trying to take a short cut. Instead of finishing the home made symbol set I was going to use, I was making each house on the screen with shaded polys.

That will teach me!

I'm going to have to finish the set, which will take a day or two now, but I'll catch up very quickly once I'm done, because I'll just be pasting symbols then

Are there any options to increase the maximum memory limit that the software can use? There might be a setting or there could be a registry entry you could edit. You might have to ask the software owner.

I'm only saying this because even with gigabytes of RAM operating systems still expect programs to politely ask for a certain amount and if they very suddenly try to take more than their allocation, the system panics because it thinks its under attack from malware. CPUs and OSs have this built in now and they'll just kill the process or processes that flood over into unallocated RAM. Sometimes the whole system might just 'stop' to prevent any damage, or sometimes the program will just close. Segmentation faults may be reported too.

I don't think there are, Straf. Its based on a FastCAD engine, which is just the way it is. There are very few problems with it normally, but then... you never saw what I was doing with it! Think rapid zoom in and out while traversing the map and turning the object around - that object being sensitive to the global sun and filled with a texture that is 3000x3000 pi

I can crash anything. Nothing has ever defied me.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast