Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 03 - Atlas Ward [Mouse]

It might also be the GPU can't cope with having to draw so many polygons and then having to draw them again, then again as the view changes. It will still be memory though - processes like that need buffers to work within. If you're on a laptop chances are the system RAM is shared with the video RAM. Some desktops with onboard, or onchip, graphics will use system RAM and vary it according to needs. I'm wondering if you can change something in BIOS to allocate more memory to the GPU. Is it by chance an AMD A-series APU in your system?

LOL! You lost me somewhere in the middle of the second line with that, Straf. I crash things for a pass-time, but I can't get my head wrapped around all the lingo for the life of me.

Its only a dirt cheap bottom of the range HP Pavillion, so I've never expected it to do anything all that special.

Not to worry. I was doing stuff I knew was wrong to do

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

From the documentation I've read on it CC3+ does not use any RAM from a video card. I'm not really computer savvy enough to know exactly what effect that has on anything but I know that about a month ago someone came on to the Profantasy forums and asked about how to up the memory that CC3+ uses. I think Remy Monsen, one of the dev's over there, told her how to do it. I just don't recall what was said.

A possible solution could be to render the individual things separately and then assemble them in the final image. ie you'd take your Compass rose building and render that separately and then just import that as a finished object? Not sure if I made much sense there...

In that case it probably has about enough resources to play video at a reasonable frame rate in a reasonable resolution but calculating so many polygons is probably well above its pay grade. Do you know the processor it has?

You just caught me...

This is what the system has to say about itself:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	specs.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	91147

I really have to go to bed now - sorry!

Sorry - tired - didn't see your comments!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    From the documentation I've read on it CC3+ does not use any RAM from a video card. I'm not really computer savvy enough to know exactly what effect that has on anything but I know that about a month ago someone came on to the Profantasy forums and asked about how to up the memory that CC3+ uses. I think Remy Monsen, one of the dev's over there, told her how to do it. I just don't recall what was said.
    I don't remember that thread. Who was that then?

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    A possible solution could be to render the individual things separately and then assemble them in the final image. ie you'd take your Compass rose building and render that separately and then just import that as a finished object? Not sure if I made much sense there...
    That's kind of what we do when we make a symbol. A symbol is just a bitmap we paste into the map. Its referenced once by the software and all the multiple copies of it are then just referenced to that one original copy. That's how we get away with such tiny files. A CC3+ file is rarely more than about a MB. Merelan City was only 2 MB.

The software comes with lots of ready made symbols. I make a lot of my own in CorelDraw and Corel Photopaint. I am in the middle of making a new building set of my own. I was taking short cuts, and I knew I was probably going to crash it if I pushed it too far. I just forgot that I'd switched the autosave off!

Have to go to bed!

Night night mouse, squeak dreams

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

So I think the answer might be in the help menu of the program under the Display Speed Settings subject.

Oh bless! Thanks Straf.

Thanks Tonnichiwa. I've played around with the display speed settings, and everything seems to be ok this morning

Thank you all for your concern. I love this community

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast