Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: 03 - Atlas Ward [Mouse]

Thanks Tonnichiwa

I must be totally crazy. Right now I'm doing exactly what I said I wouldn't, and correcting the diagonal ridge tiles... only another um... 120 tiny images to sort out...

Just saying that i am here... watching... admiring your CC magic. Still not a fan of CC style, but you do wonders with it.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Yeah, Mouse, you should probably be in bed right now shouldn't you? But I know what you mean when it comes to staying up forever. I do it too.

Thanks for your support Voolf

I had a decision to make before I started this map - CC3 or hand drawn and coloured in GIMP.

Since I don't have a printer, and only a half broken A4 scanner that distorts anything an inch inside the border of each scan all the way around the edge, I chose CC3. Using CC3 means that I can produce images of any resolution - big enough to be used as medium sized battle maps of individual buildings, which will put me in a much better position to work on the secondary layers like floor plans

EDIT: Oh boy! I'm so tired I'm getting really slow - ninja'd by Tonnichiwa telling me to go to bed - in the nicest possible way

I think I might just stop when I've finished deleting all the erroneous map files (the pink and blue ones), or I'll never remember where I got to tomorrow
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-13-2017 at 10:07 PM.

I'm going with these...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Building test2.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	680.8 KB 
ID:	91252

They're a bit bright and far from perfect, but I can tone down the colours with sheet effects and 'weather' them in GIMP - give them a bit of sun bleaching, and lichen - maybe a couple of bird nests.

I'm lichen that idea

Just a comment on chimney pots. It's rare to see the pot directly on the roof, there's usually a stack made from bricks or stone carrying the flue and then the pot itself sits on top of the stack. The chimney stack itself is usually a load bearing structure.

Oh! Yes - I see it now. LOL!

Thanks Straf

Most of the work between last WIP and this one has been in making a new symbol set comprising over 500 small bitmaps of various different building parts in 6 different textures.

I haven't finished it yet, but on the map I have used what I've already made to finish a single very small block of houses next door to the Compass Rose. I've also done quite a lot of work adding paths and verge irregularities to the roads around the finished area (the Compass Rose) to make them look less like very long carpets.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V06 85.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	8.80 MB 
ID:	91309

EDIT: I've just noticed that 'council' needs an upper case C, but I'll leave that for next WIP

I know we're going to have plenty of electric power in the city, thanks to Snodsy, but is anyone going to be doing any industry, like metal foundries?

Just wondering, since I would love to do some kind of weird 'modern' cover for the arena, but it just won't fit with the rest of the city map if there's no steel, or aluminium, or alloys of the two.

Not to worry if not

And I just had this idea...

What if when we've finished our daylight maps we do a night time version - lit up by all those electric lights we can have now?

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast